Hawaii Island Princess 4/19/05

BillZ

Hi,

Is the anyone out there that has recently cruised to Hawaii out of San Pedro? I'd like to know if anyone has taken the "private vehicles" for excursions. Do they automatically fill the van to maximum (10 passengers), thereby, reducing the per/passenger cost, or do they simply take as many passengers as may sign on? I would appreciate any information I you may wish to share.

Thanks

Hi,

Is the anyone out there that has recently cruised to Hawaii out of San Pedro? I'd like to know if anyone has taken the "private vehicles" for excursions. Do they automatically fill the van to maximum (10 passengers), thereby, reducing the per/passenger cost, or do they simply take as many passengers as may sign on? I would appreciate any information I you may wish to share.

Thanks

From what I read, I think *you* have to fill the van or the vehicle. You are basically hiring a car with guide for your party. The charge goes on the account of whoever books the vehicle, and then you square everything up with your party. I think you reserve them in advance (and these tours, along with helicopter tours are non-refundable) and when you get onboard, you'll have a questionnaire in your room asking what your plans are for the vehicle; i.e., where would you like to go, etc.

You can rent either a van or a car for a half-day or a full-day, and I think they are pretty strict about the time.

At least the above is my understanding of the process according to what I read in the Princess tour info.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hi,

Thanks

kyros,

Thanks for the information. Your reply was essentially what I had suspected but it was nice to get some confirmation.

You two are on the same cruise!

BTW' date=' is the subject a precruise excursion or one on Hawaii?[/quote']

I'm asking about excursions at several ports in Hawaii. Still would like to get some information from someone who has actually taken one of the private excursions.

Archived