How Do You Prefer To Cruise

hogwildcruzers

After three of the last four cruises where with other couples, our close friends, the last only being us, I think I prefer only the two of us. It gave us freedom to do and go as we wish and not have to worry about the other couples asking all the time , where are we going to eat tonite or what are we going to do at the next port or what time do you want to meet for drinks etc. etc. you all know what I'm saying. Anyway we had a great time alone and really enjoyed each other and we then had a chance to meet some very interesting and wonderful people that we now call friends:)

I do not like traveling with other people. Hubby and I have tried land vacations with other folks a few times, and have just given up on it. We enjoy spending time together and doing what we want when we want. Travelling with other people always seems to make everyone cranky, we all feel like we have to be together the whole time, and it's just a hassle.

No cruising with friends...we'll make some there!

Stef

We cruised with my parents and a couple of their friends. Didn't mind it, since we did our own thing in ports, and sometimes we met up on the ship. We all had dinner together,a nd a couple nights we went to the shows ourselves.

Next year we are going with our neighbours, as well as another couple we met on a cruise 5 years ago. Our neighbours will be first time cruisers, so we'll probably hang around a bit with them the first day or so until they feel comfortable with what's all going on.

I think it's fine to cruise with others as long as they understand the idea isn't to hang out with each other all the time.

Actually, I have enjoyed cruising pretty much any way! I like to go solo and not have to worry about or consider anyone else but me. I can meet as many or as few people as I care to. Next to that, travellling with my DH and having time all to ourselves - such a rare treat! - is wonderful!

We have done both, actually prefer to cruise on our own, but friends are always fun. We set the ground rules early, before we cruise. That is, no rules, if we see you, we'll have fun together, otherwise, see you at dinner. If you don't make it to dinner, maybe we'll see you tomorrow.

Hello all, I have been "the group leader" on 6 cruises our 7th coming up on the new Carnival Liberty next Feb.2006. I have a firm rule when I start getting a group together. First and foremost I tell everone who might be interested in going that we ARE NOT GLUED AT THE HIP. It is everyones vacation to do what they want without asking anybody's opinion of what to do or where to go!!!!! If per chance we happen to pick the same thing and want to go together----- GREAT !!! But we always meet at dinner and have a great time together. Usually telling each other what we did and what we are going to do the next day. Very often while we are on an island and run into someone from out group we stop and visit and act like we have met up with old friends. Sometimes we stop off and have a drink with them and then go on our way only to meet up with them again at dinner. It seems to work for us. Everyone seems to like the idea that we can feel free to do what we want and not hurt anyones feelings. Even though it does seem that most of the time we kind of pair off with one or two couples most days. Not sure if this would work for most people but it does work for us. Enough said..Just thought I'd offer my opinion on group cruises..

We enjoy both ways.. When we do travel with friends, unless we are getting some sun around the pool, we rarely hang out with them except for dinner and maybe a show. In port, we usually wander off together unless one of us has a tour.

We travel the same was as Largin when we're with a group - we've brought my inlaws with us on some coastal cruises, and after we help them through boarding & getting settled in, we just arrange to meet for dinner. If we run into each other, that's great, but the only planned together time is in the evening. Sometimes that spills over into a show, sometimes not. We do the same thing when we're travelling with contemporaries.

Archived