EPIC Category BA - Aft Balcony?

kaitlynangel

I am booked on the March 19th EPIC Cruise and was wondering if the BA (Red) Cabins on Deck 12 which are in the Aft are not desirable? I think they would be good to be in the Aft facing the water being churned up by the engines, especially when your high up on Deck 12. Anyone have any insight to this Catergory BA?

I am booked on the March 19th EPIC Cruise and was wondering if the BA (Red) Cabins on Deck 12 which are in the Aft are not desirable? I think they would be good to be in the Aft facing the water being churned up by the engines, especially when your high up on Deck 12. Anyone have any insight to this Catergory BA?

They are very desirable!:)

We were on the Epic in an AFT Penthouse, so the location is the same. We like the AFT for the view, virtually no wind and it is very quiet since traffic in the hallways is very light. You will have some noise during docking but it is never a bother to us. We were on the 12th floor and had martini's with our friends next door that were in a balcony category room.

@kaitlynangel -

On NCL we ALWAYS cruise in an aft BA cabin, mostly trans-Atlantic repo cruises. Best 'seat' in the house. For about one week of non-stop travel, day and night, you see nothing but churning water. It does not get any better. Next up, Epic Miami-Barcelona on deck 9, aft cabin in May.

Did you notice if the Balcony is bigger than standard Balcony on the Aft Balcony? I heard it has more funriture or larger furniture

We did Epic's trans-Atlantic in a deck 12 stern balcony and it was a pleasure. Balcony is no larger than those on the port or starboard sides of the ship.

I was in 8213 recently which was BA balcony at the stern. My balcony fit a lounger, 2 chairs, and the small square foot table no problem. When I visited other balconies on the sides, they appeared smaller than mine...I could be wrong however. What I did notice was that the cabin next to mine at the end starboard side had a longer balcony. My neighbors said our cabins were the same size but our balconies were different yet were the same category rooms.

I have sailed in a few stern cabins and I felt vibration the most on this ship. A bearing or something broke a week before I sailed so maybe the vibration had something to do with that. I sailed 10/30/10 week. I got used to the wake/water sounds if I had the balcony door open. When closed, I did not hear sounds.

The view was excellent. Being out of the wind all the time was excellent. I felt like I had two rooms.

coka

I was in 8213 recently which was BA balcony at the stern. My balcony fit a lounger, 2 chairs, and the small square foot table no problem. When I visited other balconies on the sides, they appeared smaller than mine...I could be wrong however. What I did notice was that the cabin next to mine at the end starboard side had a longer balcony. My neighbors said our cabins were the same size but our balconies were different yet were the same category rooms.

I have sailed in a few stern cabins and I felt vibration the most on this ship. A bearing or something broke a week before I sailed so maybe the vibration had something to do with that. I sailed 10/30/10 week. I got used to the wake/water sounds if I had the balcony door open. When closed, I did not hear sounds.

The view was excellent. Being out of the wind all the time was excellent. I felt like I had two rooms.

coka

we have an end balcony on the 13th floor aft, i was hoping it would be a bigger balcony to fit a lounger

We were on deck 11 in the port-most BA cabin; I believe it was #11314. The balconies on the 'corner' BAs are a bit wider than the 'middle' BAs.

This was our first time in an aft-facing cabin, and frankly we did not like it at all. There was a lot of noise from the wake, but more significantly there was a constant vibration from the engines while underway. Docking was even noisier with a tremendous vibration. This was just a few weeks ago (10/30 sailing), so it was presumably well past any bearing repairs.

I posted a review of our cruise, which had some additional comments on the room if you're interested.

Endaar

We were on the Oct 30th Epic sailing also along with 14 other couples. 4 other couples & us had the aft cabins on deck 12. I always book the aft cabins.

As Coka said, with the balcony door closed, there was no noise & a few nights we slept with it open a bit & loved it.

Wouldn't give this up for the world:

DSCN5837.jpg.10a586682d4cefceefe3ba31dafbe142.jpg

Thank you Larry, that is my cabin also! so cool please take pictures of the width of the balcony if you can. I will really appreciate knowing if we made the right choice. We have 12309,12311, and 12315 all next to each other and we want to open up the balcony dividers.

• 4 weeks later...

We had an AFT suite on NCL's Sun. We read the message board posts in which people spoke badly about wind issues and soot issues on the back of the ship, but once we sailed, we never encountered any of those experiences.

What we really enjoy about being in an AFT cabin is that you can see both sides of the islands as you are sailing away. You would only see the one side otherwise.

We are booked in an AFT balcony cabin on the Epic this February, and are looking forward to it! We try to get AFT now whenever we sail.

we are staying in a aft cabin, 10324 this Sat.. i will post reviews. anyone who wants info, email me at ed_anzore@yahoo.com

will be waiting for your review, have a great cruise, we sail april 30th and we are in 13278 and my DD amd her BF are in 10324 so any pics would be great.

My DH and I were in 13278 the end of September and LOVED it. We'll never sail again in anything but an AFT cabin. P1000194.jpgP1000184.jpg

Thanks so much for the pictures! If you have any more of the cabin and balcony that would be great. Thanks again

We try to always sail in aft facing (stern) balconies. The view and piece and quiet-exception of the wake which is white noise to us is the best-never had noisy neighbors on any of our 8 or so cruises (lucky I guess) actually I was surprised at how little it seemed that people even use their balconys, I always spend a lot of time out there-so relaxing. We were on the epic 10/9/10 sailing and felt no vibration with the exception of an announced "test" anounced by the captain 1 night from 7 pm to midnight that could be felt everywhere on the ship. Even when docking there was very little vibration. We were on the 13th deck-last cabin on starboard side BA catagory at the time and our balcony was about 2-3 feet wider than our neighbors. we had a full chase lounger,(requested and brought first day by steward -small table, two regular chairs and often brought desk chair out when company visited. Overall ship was too big for us and service staff in restaurants was a bit to be desired compared to our other NCL cruises-guess we will stick to the smaller NCL ships in the future-still had a great time-no such thing as a bad cruise-only good and better-once you go aft(stern) you will probably never go back to side balcony.