Route to Harbour House w/Dickens

kftw

We'll be staying at the Harbour House Sat/Dec 4th. Looking forward to our first Dickens on the Strand but worried about getting to the hotel. Which route should we take when coming into Galveston?

Thanks for your help.

We'll be staying at the Harbour House Sat/Dec 4th. Looking forward to our first Dickens on the Strand but worried about getting to the hotel. Which route should we take when coming into Galveston?

Thanks for your help.

Dickens on the Strand is always a blast!!! you can recognize me, I will have my Kilt on...lol... are you coming in on hwy 87 (via the ferry) or across the causeway off 45?

Dickens on the Strand is always a blast!!! you can recognize me, I will have my Kilt on...lol... are you coming in on hwy 87 (via the ferry) or across the causeway off 45?

We're coming in on 45. I'm almost as excited to be going to Dickens on the Strand as I am for the cruise. Well, almost. lol.

Thanks for helping.

We're coming in on 45. I'm almost as excited to be going to Dickens on the Strand as I am for the cruise. Well, almost. lol.

Thanks for helping.

From Houston, take Interstate 45 South to Galveston. Once across the Causeway, the Interstate becomes Broadway. Travel down Broadway to 21st Street. Turn Left on 21st Street.(there is a sign with a cruise ship on your right at the corner, where you turhn) Continue down 21st Street through the Galveston Historic Strand District until you reach Harborside Drive. Harbor House is located just ahead at Pier 21.

I know, we always enjoy Dickens soo much!!!

To go to Harbor House while avoiding Dickens traffic is exit Harborside Drive from 45. Harbor House will be on the left at 21st. Street.

This avoids the many signals on Broadway as well as traffic on 21st St.

I like the idea of avoiding the traffic. Thank you.

Thank you too, oldmedic. I'll look for someone wearing a kilt. :D

I like the idea of avoiding the traffic. Thank you.

Thank you too, oldmedic. I'll look for someone wearing a kilt. :D

lol... there will be lot's of somebodies wearing kilts.... i am a big guy and my wife will be dressed in period costume (brown dress with a brown bussel (spelling???) here is our pic...http://oldmedic.smugmug.com/Other/Bills-Kilt/10291219_K75bi#762699938_WdRtd

if you spot us, please give me a hollar!!!

hope you have a great time and a great cruise....

Archived