Carnival Conquest Review (11/14-11/21)

oeshpdog2

As a Texan... I know what you mean by what an outsider can observe and classify a certain demographic. I see them too and I have lived here all my life, they just seem to be eccentric and stand out. Usually they are the ones wearing a Dale Jr. shirt to the MDR. ;) Just kidding, and I can say that as I am a Texan, season ticket holder at Texas Motor Speedway and my dad is "that guy" in the Jr. shirt. I thought your review was fair and unbiased, just us Texans get a little deffensive. I have been on that iteneray a few times and am going back on the Conquest in a few weeks and have to agree with you 110% on the ditch Jamaica and stay in Cayman longer!!!

Thanks for the review, oh and "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!" :D

As a Texan... I know what you mean by what an outsider can observe and classify a certain demographic. I see them too and I have lived here all my life, they just seem to be eccentric and stand out. Usually they are the ones wearing a Dale Jr. shirt to the MDR. ;) Just kidding, and I can say that as I am a Texan, season ticket holder at Texas Motor Speedway and my dad is "that guy" in the Jr. shirt. I thought your review was fair and unbiased, just us Texans get a little deffensive. I have been on that iteneray a few times and am going back on the Conquest in a few weeks and have to agree with you 110% on the ditch Jamaica and stay in Cayman longer!!!

Thanks for the review, oh and "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!" :D

LOL...remember the Alamo I shall. The Caymans would be a great stop to have an "over-nighter" wouldn't they? Especially since you have to tender in.

Thanks for the reply. One of us is disabled and I am trying to determine when to arrive at the pier, parking, etc.

What time did you arrive and how long where you in line before getting to the VIP security line? I drove down to Galveston last Sunday and spoke with the Security Guard at the port. She was nice and suggested we arrive at 9:30am, which I thought was TOO early.

This is the first cruise for my boyfriend and I want it to be perfect. Ulterior motive=get him addicted to cruising!

Again thanks!

We got to the pier at about 11:40am. They were staging the lines in 2 places...once at the door going inside and once at the security line area. 9:30 seems a bit early since most will still be disembarking at that time. We did not disembark until about 9:15am and we were in group 1 of the "relaxed disembarkation" groups.

Archived