Warning- Princess AIR and Infants!

myraid

Just wanted to post a warning to anyone booking air through Princess Air travelling with an infant. We leave on Saturday and booked the cruise and Princess Air all through our TA. TA confirmed (quite a few months ago) several times with Princess (at our request) that our DD did not need anything in regards to the flight because she was just sitting on my lap. This seemed odd to me, and when I was entering advance passenger info this week I called Air Canada just to check. Air Canada said that was wrong, and that Princess should have had a ticket issued. Called Princess and they said that Air Canada should issue the ticket. Got the TA involved who finally figured it out for me and indicated that Princess should have done it from the beginning. TA called Air Canada direct and they issued a ticket for my DD. TA covered the cost of the tax on that ticket ($12).

Bottom line is- be diligent when checking your docs etc. Princess told me that they put a "note" on our Air file which indicates that my DD would be sitting on my lap. Air Canada indicated that they did in fact see this note, but that without a ticket, she wouldn't have been able to fly and they wouldn't have been able to issue a ticket the day of departure. Princess dropped the ball here and thankfully we were able to resolve it before we left!!

Wanted to say that we have always had a great experience with Princess, so hopefully this was just an isolated mistake by Princess. Also our first time booking air travel through Princess Air, so it was a learning experience for all of us.

3 more days for us!!!

Archived