Norwegian Jade - Feb 26 - March 6 2011

Argentinetraveler

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Argentinetraveler - we're 2 couples, Gary & Andy and Dale & John, from Regina,SK, CANADA who will be on the cruise.

We haven't booked any excursions yet.

Before the cruise, we're staying in a condo in the Malaga area and then flying from there to Barcelona on the day of the cruise...

We wanted to see Morocco and this cruise happened at the time we were in Spain so worked out rather well...

We were on this ship last year for the 12 day Med/Egypt cruise that backs

onto this one so we're familiar with the Jade (and it's rather gaudy Hawaiian decor...)

Looking forward to meeting you....

Gary

Hi guys, good news!!!! Good to hear there's family on board (though I am traveling with my sister, so I am bringing my own family along...).

I am looking forward to this itinerary as well. I have heard Casablanca and Agadir are not the best places in Morocco, but that's what there is. If you have any ideas about tours and stuff we're open to suggestions ... Hope to hear from you JORGE and LIZ

Hi guys, good news!!!! Good to hear there's family on board (though I am traveling with my sister, so I am bringing my own family along...).

I am looking forward to this itinerary as well. I have heard Casablanca and Agadir are not the best places in Morocco, but that's what there is. If you have any ideas about tours and stuff we're open to suggestions ... Hope to hear from you JORGE and LIZ

• 4 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone. I am planning to book this cruise but wanted to see first if there was anyone else on board from the GLBT world. Good to see there is.

I was on the Jade 2 years ago. I'm guessing it hasn't changed much in decor...

I haven't decided on shore excursions or cabin category as yet, but I will be traveling solo, so will probably go with an inside cabin.

My memories of NCL is that they post daily in their schedule the GLBT mixer. I met some wonderful people and still friends with several from the cruise from 2 years ago.

I do have one quick question. Does anyone know what the weather will be like? My guess is we'll go through quite a variety of temperatures, so wondering if shorts are appropriate.

Thanks.

DallasSteve

I was on the Jade 2 years ago. I'm guessing it hasn't changed much in decor... I met some wonderful people and still friends with several from the cruise from 2 years ago.

Hey Dallas Steve. I was one of the "wonderful people" you met on the Jade a couple of years ago. :D I am traveling with a friend from Montreal on the following cruise--March 18, so I'll be watching for trip reports! I can't get enough of that wonderful NCL Jade interior. I've spent some time in Morocco, but my friend has never been there. It'll be interesting to see Morocco through his eyes.

Although the weather will be nice enough for shorts some days once you get south of the Mediterranean, you probably won't want to wear them in Morocco. They dress conservatively, and I get the sense that even short sleeves aren't totally appropriate (at least fifteen years ago that was the case). Agadir might be different since it's more of a resort town, but I've never been there. Have a great trip!

Archived