Disembarkation times?

curleelocks

When we got our RCL cruise our transfer to the airport was through the cruise line so they gave us a specific time.

How do I know what time to tell my car service to pick me up in Miami when getting off the Epic? Can you pick a time or is it assigned to you? We have a 3:30PM flight out of FLL.

You can get off any time you want, from carrying your own bags off at 7:30am or so, to leaving at "final call" just after 10am. You get to pick the colored tags and times for your departure, although they recommend certain ones. For example, deck 14 is supposed to leave around 9:30 and a certain colored tag was left in our room for this. However, you can go down to the Atrium and pick up any color you want and leave whenever you want.

Also, I'm not sure why people book shuttles to MIA. It's a $24 cab ride and there are a nearly unlimited number of cabs waiting out front when you walk out. (I know you said FLL, but just making a note for other readers)

Unless you had other plans I'd take the latest departure time, go eat breakfast leisurely, and then wait in O'Sheehans until final call around 10:15. There are no lines to depart, your bags will be some of the few left and easy to find, and there will be no lines at customs. You could be out at the curb by 10:30 and at FLL not long after that. If you want to leave real early and do some things in town, you can carry your bags off once the ship clears customs, and catch your ride before 8am

Edited by sdmike

Also, I'm not sure why people book shuttles to MIA. It's a $24 cab ride and there are a nearly unlimited number of cabs waiting out front when you walk out. (I know you said FLL, but just making a note for other readers)

I have been to POM so far only once (Jewel Mar '09) but from my experience getting the cab after disembarkation was the worst experience I had on that trip.

We were group of four including one with leg troubles (was able to walk but not to stand very long times in queues etc) so we waited until last possible minute for disembarkation to avoid the queues as much as possible.

When we got out to the taxi area, I can't deny that there was a constant stream of cabs but the personnel handling the traffic didn't do their job very well and it was actually "everyone for themselves" type of situation and we had to "fight" to get a cab and it took way too long compared to what it'd have been if the personnel would have done their job right and enforced the queues, directed the cabs evenly, etc.

I truly hope that this was one-time incidence but for our trip that was the only thing that I disliked about POM.

You can get off any time you want, from carrying your own bags off at 7:30am or so, to leaving at "final call" just after 10am. You get to pick the colored tags and times for your departure, although they recommend certain ones. For example, deck 14 is supposed to leave around 9:30 and a certain colored tag was left in our room for this. However, you can go down to the Atrium and pick up any color you want and leave whenever you want.

Unless you had other plans I'd take the latest departure time, go eat breakfast leisurely, and then wait in O'Sheehans until final call around 10:15. There are no lines to depart, your bags will be some of the few left and easy to find, and there will be no lines at customs. You could be out at the curb by 10:30 and at FLL not long after that. If you want to leave real early and do some things in town, you can carry your bags off once the ship clears customs, and catch your ride before 8am

Thank you this was very helpful!

• 3 years later...