Traveling with Kids...

JWSJ117

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all...my family & I will be traveling to Belize for the first time @ the end of December. We will have 4 kids in total (2 eight year olds & 2 four year olds). While the Cave Tubing sounds great, I believe our two little ones are not quite ready for this excursion. I have read several posts about the Belize Zoo (this sounds like a strong maybe), can any one else share their Belize experiences with kids? What worked? What did not?

Thank you all so much for sharing your thoughts.

We had kids similiar in age when we went last fall. My first recommendation is to take a ship's tour (which isn't always the case)...but Belize being Belize, and the tender time being considerable, I would here.

We went over to Bannister Island...though conflicting reports at to whether or not it's available anymore. It was great. The other part of the tour was snorkeling, which due to the company and the visibility conditions, was a nightmare and not something I'd probably recommend. But Bannister was great.

Hope that helps! Have a great cruise.

We were just in Belize last week with a 7 year old. The snorkeling trip to Goff's Caye worked very well. The strong swimmers in the group went with the guide to the reef area. Our seven year old and I stayed in the shallow area at the beach and had a blast. There were plenty of fish to see close to shore, as well as nice sandy beach. The lack of chairs wasn't a problem as we spent the entire time in the water. Water shoes are a must! There are sea urchins in the rocky areas.

We also went into Belize City in the afternoon. The carriage ride didn't work out as well as we had hoped. It was a little tame for an active girl. Hair braiding and shopping were fine.

Archived