daughter in hospital,suppose to cruise dec 5th legend,what to do?

dirtracer27x

what to do?

this is what insurance is for.

repeat.

this is what insurance is for.

be lucky you weren't at sea, disabled or not, and this happened. you'd be facing a $30,000 airlift charge!

give it your best shot. expect nothing, but appreciate if they do something.

if seafarers can't afford the $49 pp insurance, they shouldn't sail. just like you're prevented from driving without auto insurance. or try driving without it, and then, "oops, what can i do?"

Every cruise we take we debate on whether or not to get the insurance and we always end up not getting it. Yes we know it's a risk but it's a chance we take just like the OP did. You can't change it and telling them they should have gotten it is a moot point, I'm sure they wish they had.

I feel horrible for them and hope their daughter is on the road to recovery. I was 2 when my appendix ruptured and then peritonitis set in. I was in ICU for 3 weeks and a total of 1 month in the hospital, the only reason I was allowed to leave was that my mother learned how to change my dressing etc. This little girl is quite sick and I doubt she is up and running around but I hope she is.

Some of us read your original statement differently, since you said "my wife just called but they couldnt find a vein,shes getting badly dehydrated."

You didn't say anything about a blood draw in that post, and the way it is worded, she was getting dehydrated because they couldn't find a vein.

Hope she is feeling better.

Thank you, I was beginning to think I was the only one who interpereted it that way! That's why I posted the way I did.

Archived