Snorkel masks - one lens or two?

Gramsof7

I read on some site, maybe Garts Sports, that one solid lens is harder to see out of than a mask with two separate lenses. It is not possible for me to go anywhere within a three hour drive to try on masks, so would appreciate advice on how to measure for masks, and how to choose both a mask and snorkel.

Also - would like a recommendation as to a brand. Definitely want a dry snorkel. I won't be using them often, much as I would like to do just that. Stll, I prefer buying them to renting.

Flippers/fins, whatever they're called. Can they fit over water shoes, or how does that work? I have some that I used for swimming. Best to take those or rent them?

The time is getting shorter, so need to order something soon.

Thanks.

I think one lens or two is a matter of personal choice. I 've had both. I prefer two lenses, but that's just me.

If you're going to spend the moola on some serious gear, my vote would be Mares. Italian design, and it's one of the few masks that fits this round moonface/pointy nose combo that I was gifted with.

Fins, again, Mares, again, just me. Love that brand.

I'm telling you this if you're going to be making an investment in some gear that you're going to hang onto for awhile, and use. If you're looking for a nice set to snorkel with once, I'd go cheaper.

Also, dont forget to clean your new mask with a gritty substance to get that coating off, otherwise all you'll be looking at is fog.

Archived