How is the Sheraton Biscayne in Miami . . .

debshomespun

Just got this hotel through Priceline. I know we get what we get, but I am not happy about this hotel. The price with fees is $70. and I called for parking (as we are coming into Ft. Lauderdale with a rental) and the parking fee is $23. If I would have known this, I would have just stayed at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace.

How far away is it from the Port? It doesn't look that far on the map, but when I called the hotel, they told me they were 20 to 25 min. Does anyone know how much a cab would be from the hotel to the port?

Thanks for all your help. Not sure if I am a believer in Priceline or not.

We stayed there for a night last month. The hotel was very nice,clean and the staff friendly and helpful. We were not happy with the service in the restaurant but they may have had to do with the attitude of our server. I agree the parking rate is a bit high for the location. I would stay here again anytime. I don't think we were more than 10 minutes from the port.

I also recently got the Sheraton Biscayne Bay thru Priceline for $70 which includes taxes. I was not real happy, would've liked the Hyatt or the Doubletree better. I am glad to hear that mynytrps2go2 enjoyed it. Did you use the pool at all? Was it nice? Do they have a shuttle to the Bayside market?

Thanks,

Macy

Also stayed at this hotel (through Priceline) in Sept 2003.

Hotel staff was very friendly and could not do enough to satisfy their guests.

We used the hotel pool, which is on the mail level) and it was very nice. You could bring your drinks out there as well. Lots of towels, chairs and table around.

It is about a 10 minute walk to Bayside Marketplace or about a $4.00 cab ride (although cabbies are not happy when you tell them you are only going to the Marketplace).

Cab from hotel to port of Miami ran us about $15 plus tip.

Never ate in the hotel so can't comment on service/food.

We won this hotel for $35.00 per night and stayed there for pre and post cruise.

The only negative thing about this hotel is the draw bridge. If you get stuck in a cab, it can take a long time for the bridge to go back down.

When you check in, ask for a room with a view of the port of Miami. It is neat to see your ship when you wake up.

They also have a gift store downstairs for snacks, drinks etc.

They also offer shuttle service to the Dolphin Mall and it picks up at the hotel 3 or 4 times per day. Nice shopping trip. Don't forget to tip the driver. Last year (Sept 2004) he had to pick up about 15 visitors and nobody gave the driver a tip. The bus driver was shocked. He said they never tip. Be kind to the drivers. The Dolphin Mall is a nice shopping mall with lots of various outlets and a big food court.

Enjoy your stay and I hope this helps.

Hotel was awsome... You can either walk or take a cab to the maketplace or take the metro mover (free) to the market place it was about $7 cab ride to the port and if you get the right room you can see the ships as well. The Beds were OUT OF THIS WORLD comfy!

Well we got the Sheraton Biscayne Bay on priceline. I'm okay with it (I guess) but DH is a little questionable about it. I guess he has a couple of concerns with the fact they are closing their doors. It has me wondering just how good the staff will be - and will they even care about the service they give. DH wonders about maintenance issues and general upkeep. I sure hope that it all works out.

Archived