Question for Go Go users

saintbernardlover

I am trying to put together a tour in Jamaica with Ken's Wheelchair Tours. I will be using a Pride Go Go Elite HD. I am thinking about a stop at Rose Hall. While I doubt that I can actually tour the house, I may be able to toodle around on my Go Go on the grounds. The paths are cobblestone paved and I have included a photo below. My question is: do you think my Go Go will be able to handle it or will it be too bumpy?

rosehall.jpg

rosehall.jpg.a5468e0183a2a856f4c7a07e8298c7bf.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I think I will give it a try. Just got my Go Go yesterday:D I feel so liberated!!! Couldn't believe all the hoops I had to jump through with Medicare! Geez, if I could jump through all those hoops, I wouldn't need it in the first place !!!

congratulations and good luck. I didn't go the Medicare route myself - figured it would be too many hoops and my jumping days are over so I bought a great looking used Go Go on eBay. Very pleased with the condition when I got it. Maybe I was lucky but I think there's a lot of merchandise gently used because folks buy things that aren't exactly what they need or they change plans (e.g., nursing homes). Anyway, I don't think you'll regret having it onboard with you; just keep in mind the ground clearance. I tried using mine in the yard and I got stuck in a mole hole! :eek: Ground is too uneven (and soft) to attempt it without a sidewalk... my next project I guess!

congratulations and good luck. I didn't go the Medicare route myself - figured it would be too many hoops and my jumping days are over so I bought a great looking used Go Go on eBay. Very pleased with the condition when I got it. Maybe I was lucky but I think there's a lot of merchandise gently used because folks buy things that aren't exactly what they need or they change plans (e.g., nursing homes). Anyway, I don't think you'll regret having it onboard with you; just keep in mind the ground clearance. I tried using mine in the yard and I got stuck in a mole hole! :eek: Ground is too uneven (and soft) to attempt it without a sidewalk... my next project I guess!

I've been too chicken to venture outside yet. And yes, we have mole holes! When we first moved here 28 years ago we went to a local farm store and asked an old timer how was the best way to get rid of moles?? He chewed on his straw for a few minutes and then said "move". :eek:

I've been too chicken to venture outside yet. And yes, we have mole holes! When we first moved here 28 years ago we went to a local farm store and asked an old timer how was the best way to get rid of moles?? He chewed on his straw for a few minutes and then said "move". :eek:

Good luck with the Go Go. You'll love it. As for the moles, try chewing gum or ExLax. That's what my lawn person has done for decades and he swears by it.

Archived