How good is the Holiday Inn Downtown Miami across from the Port?

JerseyGirl23

I'm having a harder time trying to choose a hotel room pre-cruise than I did in choosing a cruise! We will be coming in after dinnertime Saturday night and taking a cruise Monday morning.

I just want some honest opinions of the Holiday Inn, across from the Bayside market, at the entrance to the port.

We have stayed twice at the Holiday Inn, and is a very nice and convenient hotel. Was trying to save a little money, so bid on priceline for our stay in Miami in May, and got the Sheraton Biscayne Bay, for $70. (taxes included), but they charge $23 for parking, so now I am kicking myself that I didn't just book the Holiday inn for the convenience. Hotel is very neat and clean. Ask for a port view and you will see the ships come right into port. Really neat. And Bayside marketplace is directly across the street. You will need to take a taxi to the port, but is only about $8.00. The other day the prices were $91.00, but now I see they have gone up to $110 a night for in May when I needed to stay.

I would stay there again, without hesitation.

The prices now are at $91 for the Saturday night and $84 for the Sunday night. They have no cancellation policy so I am hesitant. Maybe I should just book it and get it over with. I was also thinking of booking an oceanfront in Miami Beach for another $10 or $20 through Priceline.

We have a car rental but I may cancel that. I saw the parking fees at most hotels and for the cost of car service from Fort Lauderdale to a Miami hotel, then car service to the Port, it came our cheaper.

Archived