First Cruise-Going to Bermuda! Help

VaBeachCruiser

Well, I have been to Bermuda many times and advise that you can spend your time there shopping, going to a different beach each day and drinking a lot in one of their many bars, pubs and clubs!

I was going to plan the taxi tour before hand.....................

We are interested in just basic sightseeing.................all or anything! Not planning on real beach time-but we definitely want to go to the beach for the sight of it. A little shopping, a restaurant for dinner, just get a feel for the island.

VaBeachCruiser, You sound like you just enjoy "seeing" the beach, rather than to bake all day! We would suggest, if you visit only one, go to Horseshoe Bay. Large, beautiful, expansive beach, with 1 cove to the right, and several coves far down at the left end (you won't even know they're there until you walk down there). Try to go at low tide for the best access to all Horseshoe has to offer.

Enjoy...and happy planning!!

VaBeachCruiser, You sound like you just enjoy "seeing" the beach, rather than to bake all day! We would suggest, if you visit only one, go to Horseshoe Bay. Large, beautiful, expansive beach, with 1 cove to the right, and several coves far down at the left end (you won't even know they're there until you walk down there). Try to go at low tide for the best access to all Horseshoe has to offer.

Enjoy...and happy planning!!

Hi CruisFran:

I have still not gotten into any additional planning since our Dec. cruise, but a question on Majesty beds has come up. You may not be up on it, and I haven't approached "Waldospepper" as yet, but I'll mention it here first, and see what it brings.

Since we may wind up with between 1 and 3 of our cabins being vacated from our group of 8, before we cancel any of them, we will try to rebook them with friends or relatives. Accordingly, someone asked how flexible the bed arrangements are. I know how easy it is on the Dawn to move beds together or apart, but not sure about the Majesty. We have all the room types covered, from large to small, inside to out, even though we only have 8 booked. I'm not exactly sure who has what, however, but a potential curiser has asked.

PS to Fran:

My wife is 5 weeks post bi-lateral knee replacement, and still going great. She's been out to UConn games, and once to a concert at the Mohegan Sun, up and down their stairs, etc., so we don't expect any problems walking around the ship or Bermuda. I'm assuming it will not be snowing on June 26th, but would not be surprised if it is. I wonder if NCL's winter weather guarantee applies to June??

Thanks in advanve for anyone who has an answer.

I will add one caveat, before I start; I have never been to Bermuda in November before. May,August and September yes. Eg: I really don't know when it cools off, though it never gets cold there.

I would certainly do Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, the view is amazing. The Crystal Caves are really nice too, don't forget to stop by the Swizzle Inn for a Rum Swizzle, it's really good, worth the stop.

Fort St. Catherine is a nice stop in St George's, and if the evening candlelight walk given by the town crier is an option, do it !!

For the men, the English Sports Shop on Front Street in Hamilton, I highly reccommend, going to drop a few there in June on my cruise, as I have done in the past. Trimminghams,Archie's and A.S. Cooper are worth a look too. For the ladies I really can't say (the wife could) but there are many shops that cater to them as well. But Bermuda is pricey, however working in NYC the sticker shock is nil, but for folks from the rest of the USA, the prices will certainly raise an eyebrow or two. If so, go for it if you really like it and then stop by Flanagans for a Dark n' Stormy to get over it.

Bermuda is wonderful, going back for the fourth time in June 2005 on RSSC, just can't get enough of the place.

Lastly, whatever you do decide to do, Enjoy your CRUISE.

We are going in August and I was wondering what is there to do at night besides going to a bar, we are not big drinkers so going to a pub doesn’t hold much appeal. I know about Harbour Nights in Hamilton, but that’s on Wednesday and we are going to be in St George. Is it worth it to take the hour-long ride?

We are going in August and I was wondering what is there to do at night besides going to a bar, we are not big drinkers so going to a pub doesn’t hold much appeal. I know about Harbour Nights in Hamilton, but that’s on Wednesday and we are going to be in St George. Is it worth it to take the hour-long ride?

They have one on Tuesday night in St George. It is fun but it mostly shopping which you can do during the day as well.

Traveller99, I went to your website. It is great! We are going on the Horizon on June 12-the day you get home. I have added your site to my favorites. You have saved me a lot of research. Thanks and keep up the good work.

They have one on Tuesday night in St George. It is fun but it mostly shopping which you can do during the day as well.

I think Horizon has the better itinerary to correspond with Harbor Nights. We are going to be in Hamilton on Tuesday when they have it in St George, and in St George on Weds. when Harbor Nights is in Hamilton. Oh well, we are going to have to find something else to do those nights. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Tomct --

Quote -- I know how easy it is on the Dawn to move beds together or apart, but not sure about the Majesty. --

Just was on the Majesty and had a cabin on deck 4. The beds were very easy to configure either way. Ours were an L-shape that made day beds during the day, but we could see that could you also have a double-bed configuration by having the steward put them together.

Go UConn Women!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I think Horizon has the better itinerary to correspond with Harbor Nights. We are going to be in Hamilton on Tuesday when they have it in St George, and in St George on Weds. when Harbor Nights is in Hamilton. Oh well, we are going to have to find something else to do those nights. :confused:

Actually the best itinery for the street fairs is the NCL Crown. Its in St George Tuesday night and Hamilton Wednesday night.

• 2 weeks later...

What a web site you have!! It has to be one of the most capsulized for a destination I have ever seen. Congratulations on a fantastic job!! Unfortunately, I discovered your site a f t e r I had booked for Bermuda on the Horizon 5/28. So, hopefully we'll throw a wave after we disembark. Bon Voyage and again, thanks for a fantastic tool with which to plan the cruise. Cliff

Archived