Need info on the Pork Pit in Montego Bay - disabled – thanks

saintbernardlover

I've been and you could roll a wheelchair into the eating area. from the side parking lot it is a straight shot into the pit. The front has stairs, but drive up the hill and enter from the side. We really enjoyed the food and watching them cooking on the pits. Nancy

I've been and you could roll a wheelchair into the eating area. from the side parking lot it is a straight shot into the pit. The front has stairs, but drive up the hill and enter from the side. We really enjoyed the food and watching them cooking on the pits. Nancy

This is good to know. Thanks for sharing this info.:D

I love the Pork Pit! It's actually in the book "1000 Places to See Before you Die". If I remember correctly, a cab dropped us off at the top and we didn't have to walk but I'd hate to steer you wrong, it's been a couple of years. I'm jealous as I'd love to be going there. Have fun!

My contact at Ken's Wheelchair and Taxi Service sent me an email today and says "There is a side entrance at the Pork Pit ." Doesn't excatly give me warm fuzzy feelings but I think it means that there is another entrance besides the stair case at the bottom. 1000 places to see before you die??? Well, it would be great to cross this one off the bucket list!:cool:

Archived