Shop or Relax after cruise

We are Australians sailing over the New Year period on the Oasis of the Seas. After the cruise our flight departs MIA at 1445, so we have the morning of disembarkation to fill in before we fly out.

We plan to use the valet luggage service so we will only have our cabin luggage with us when we get off the ship.

Is there a hotel close to good shops that we can book from the night before, leave our luggage,shop,return with enough time for a shower and get to the airport on time or should we just book a room at the hotel at MIA airport, enjoy a nice breakfast and relax?

I would appreciate your advice as I dont want to create any tension before the flight!

Thanks

I agree with all of the previous responses. Take your time getting off the ship, then head to MIA. Once you get checked in, you will have time to wander around the airport and have a bite to eat before heading home. The ride from Ft. Lauderdale to MIA can take anywhere from a half hour to 45 minutes, depending on traffic. And MIA can get very busy when cruise ships are in port. The last time we were there, after our Liberty cruise, we waited almost an hour to get up to the check in desk. Then, there was another long line for security check.

Were you thinking of booking a day use room between disembarkation and 2:45pm? Not sure how long you'd be able to use it for, even departing early from the ship.

If relaxation/one last shower before a long journey is the thing - Visit the airline lounge if you have status or purchase a club pass if one is available. Given the short amount of time, I'd probably stay late on the ship and opt for the duty free shops at MIA instead. Your airline should feed you dinner (quality of food varies based on airline of course).

• 1 month later...

Hello Sydney Princess! I said I would find you;) Wanted to say we enjoyed talking to both of you at Giovannis. Maybe our paths will cross again and I am sure I will see you on the boards.

Take care and God Bless!

Diana

Archived