How early can you get on the ship?

Alex P. Keaton

I noticed that the MSC Poesia departs from Port Canaveral at 7pm. How far in advance can we board the ship? Thanks!

Does it depart from Canaveral or Ft Lauderdale? Would love it to be closer if so. When we went last week we were on the boat to eat by 12:30 and our room was ready. Have a great time.

The port is at Fort Lauderdale. Getting on the ship 6 hours early sounds great! The cruise starts when you get on the ship.:)

My thoughts exactly!!!:)

We went straight to the cabin to check it out and dump the bags, and the cabin was ready.

We then went off for a very nice lunch.... our cruise was well and truly under way!!!

It is Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale. It is about 3 miles from the airport.

To me the earlier i can get on the ship the faster I start my cruise and I can forget about everything for 1 week. Counting the days until Dec. 26th.

MSC departs later to accommodate International flights arriving from Europe. A large clientele arrives from the other side of the pond. Most flights land between 1pm and 4 pm. When we cruised Costa they departed later also but I don't if they still do.

Once you are on the ship you are on vacation so it doesn't really change much. The thing some complain of though is that they miss sail away because of dinner.

When do they do the lifeboat drill?

It was at 4pm and folks who missed it becuase they boarded later were asked to go to a meeting the next day to get caught up on the information. Most people were seated in lounges for the muster drill but my family was outside under section E, right beneath the lifeboats. It was short and weather nice.

MSC departs later to accommodate International flights arriving from Europe. A large clientele arrives from the other side of the pond. Most flights land between 1pm and 4 pm. When we cruised Costa they departed later also but I don't if they still do.

Once you are on the ship you are on vacation so it doesn't really change much. The thing some complain of though is that they miss sail away because of dinner.

Thank you so much. You rock!

Archived