Bahia Mar...HELP!

dmk

I have bidding for a stay in Downtown Fort Lauderdale for months. I decided to add the Beach hotels without noticing that Bahia Mar was one of them.

The reviews are horrible...woe is me!

Does anyone having anything positive to say about this hotel?

We have stayed here a couple of times and enjoyed it. Great location across street from beach with walkway over the street to beach. Nice pool area. There are 2 buildings and we stayed in the original and older marina building which we really preferred. We were on the top floor (4th) of this building overlooking the marina. The rooms on the other side are called garden view rooms but actually overlook the parking lot. The marina side has limited # of balconies but we were fortunate to have one and that made it great. You are right at the water overlooking yachts and to the side view of the beach across the street. Water taxi is only about a block away behind the Bahia Cabana Motel. Also Sun Trolley stops in front of hotel. The restaurant is very small but looked nice. The bar closed very early when we were there so we walked down the street to the Bahia Cabana which is a fun and lively place in the evening with a bar and restaurant on the water. Since we didnt stay in the main building cant say much about the rooms there. Our room was fine and we would not hesitate to stay there again. We were in FLL 3 weeks ago and passed the hotel several times. Looked like they have a new small deli or such in the building at the front of the property. Last time we were there it was closed.

I have stayed there--had an ocean front room and it was fine. Like most of the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, it is old. Our room was clean, had a safe for valuables, very comfortable king bed--the bathroom was old, but clean. Our view was terrific. The balcony is only a step out one. We have it booked again in January for a pre-cruise night. The location is very good if you don't have a car. There are many ocean front restaurants and a CVS pharmacy just down the street.

We stayed there early this year. We booked thru the hotel which was offering a special. We took the tower room facing the ocean. Our room was very nice and of course had a great view. However I would have no qualms about staying there again in any room if I got a good price. Lobby area is small with small restaurant/bar, 3 or 4 computers to use for free and a shop.

The location is well worth the stay. Easy to get around with the water taxi and a wonderful walk along the beach. I forget the name, but the restaurant with the wooden swings is just a block away (turn left out the hotel) and fun in the evening to sit out there with your drink and sandwich. Yes, hit the Bahia Cabana restaurant next door ( turn right out the hotel) and enjoy a cool drink and burger on the waters edge. YOu'll spot the water taxi stop from there.

Don't worry. You'll be fine. It's clean and very convenient!

:)Thank you all so much!!!

You have eased my mind.

" Bahia Cabana which is a fun and lively place in the evening with a bar and restaurant on the water."

I shall definetly try this restaurant...Any others in the area?

:)Thank you all so much!!!

You have eased my mind.

" Bahia Cabana which is a fun and lively place in the evening with a bar and restaurant on the water."

I shall definetly try this restaurant...Any others in the area?[/quote

The name of the restaurant that was mentioned above as you leave the hotel and go to your left is the Oasis. Also a little farther up the street on the left is Coconuts which is right on the Intercoastal. It is across the street from the Marriott Beach Hotel. Have a great trip.

Do they allow long term parking[14 days]

Doubt it. Give them a call and check cost. There are other hotels in like the Hyatt Place North and South that you might want to check, as well as other airport hotels.

Check out parksleepfly.com

No worries...the place is very nice. Two pools, one is king of a lagoon style and the other a rectangular "Miami style" pool. Great beach access. Parking was free right in front of the hotel but spaces were scarce. Our room was very nice and not dated at all. Not sure which building but it was to the South of the Lagoon pool and overlooked that pool.

We stayed here last March and enjoyed it. The location is great! Great place to eat down the road overlooking a different marina than the one next to the hotel (North - left out of the Hotel about a block up the road). Very handy to the water taxi stop - 1 block away (south) at the marina you overlook from the older building.

We were also on the top floor of the older 4 story building overlooking the Marina. Not luxurious - but we would definately stay there again.

Archived