Vibration in The Back of Ship

gquest

Hello Everyone,

I am currently booked on the Valor in room 2478 and wanted to know what kind of vibrationbs I can expect to feel in the room. I have read post by other members that they experienced vibrations in this part of the ship and wanted to get some more details on the subject. Are the vibrations really loud or are they more subtle? Are they constant or are they only there when the ship is docking or departing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. :)

While I did not have a room on the back of the ship on the Valor, I did notice that every time we were on the Lido Deck all the way aft in the restaurant by the pizzeria, we felt vibrations a lot on the last 3 or 4 days - didn't matter if we were leaving port or out on the open sea. The seas were very calm and not rough at all, so not sure why we only felt it those last 3 or 4 days.

We had an aft cabin on our last cruise. The vibrations were only as the ship was arriving and departing port. Not that bad at all on the Conquest! I can't speak for other ships though.

What deck was your cabin on? Or doesn't it matter when feeling the vibration? Just wondering if the lower you are the more you would feel it. We are in an aft on the Empress deck of the Sensation.

THANKS!

We had a corner cabin on the Legend and had no problems. We had rough seas one day at sea and while making speed there was a little fishtailing but it didn't bother us. Celebrity ships are another matter. The Century class has a notorious problem with vibrations. We were on the Galaxy and there were parts of the dining room where the china was constantly clattering.

We stayed in the second-from-the-back cabin on the Empress deck on the Elation. There was a LOT of vibration there the whole time, even though the seas were not rough. The walls rattled at the seams, and we had to tape the closet door shut so it wouldn't rattle too. It really was quite loud...I never leave home without earplugs after that experience! We still had a great cruise, but I would avoid cabins in the stern if I could.

Thank you for your replies :) ...... Are there any Past Valor cruisers that can share some insight? Thanks again.

I was on the Valor when I felt the aft vibrations on the Lido Deck...what I meant was that my room wasn't aft on the Valor, my room was fore. But we did feel considerable vibrations up there....I don't know if they would be better or worse on the Main Deck.

Archived