Potters Cay and Fish Fry

ninjasquash

Silly question, but these are 2 different places right? Potters Cay is under the bridge that goes to Paradise Island? Not sure where Fish Fry is. And if they are 2 different spots, who has the

best conch salad?

They are 2 different locations - indifferent directions.

Potters Cay is under the bridge and has no set hours, and is really quite rugged. Not many tourist find Potters Cay comfortable. Although it DOES have the best conch salad and fresh fish on the island. Trouble is.. there's no telling who will be open and when, and whether or not they are making conch salad or conch fritters on any given day.. or just open for cold drinks and a fierce game of dominos. I've been around for 25 years and still haven't figured it out., It's up to when the fishing boats come in.

As for the Fish Fry.. it's establishment are open normal hours, and have a menu. It's located just west of downtown, at Arawak Cay. It's more tourist friendly. AND has fresh and delicious.

• 1 year later...
They are 2 different locations - indifferent directions.

Potters Cay is under the bridge and has no set hours, and is really quite rugged. Not many tourist find Potters Cay comfortable. Although it DOES have the best conch salad and fresh fish on the island. Trouble is.. there's no telling who will be open and when, and whether or not they are making conch salad or conch fritters on any given day.. or just open for cold drinks and a fierce game of dominos. I've been around for 25 years and still haven't figured it out., It's up to when the fishing boats come in.

As for the Fish Fry.. it's establishment are open normal hours, and have a menu. It's located just west of downtown, at Arawak Cay. It's more tourist friendly. AND has fresh and delicious.

we have always gone to Potters Cay when in port.....last time we went was not so good. It also seemed to be a little more sketchy, our DD (8) was scared. Plus like you said everytime we went it was a crap shoot as to whether our favorite spot would be open. My question for you is this...will we be disappointed in the offerings at arawak? I have read your posts about fish fry and your favorites so we plan to go and try it.

we have always gone to Potters Cay when in port.....last time we went was not so good. It also seemed to be a little more sketchy, our DD (8) was scared. Plus like you said everytime we went it was a crap shoot as to whether our favorite spot would be open. My question for you is this...will we be disappointed in the offerings at arawak? I have read your posts about fish fry and your favorites so we plan to go and try it.

The Fish fry has a totally different vibe. The restaurant are not shacks, and they all have kitchens and running water etc.

(common rest room and communal space, stage etc).

My personal favorite is Oh Andros and Seafood haven. Seafood Haven has great food, but service is terrible. The Grilled grouper in foil is to die for at both places.

Be aware that the Credit card machines break down all the time.. so bring cash.

Archived