Where to find Dvd movies?

lseb

Hi Everyone,

3-quick questions, where can I find dvd movies on the ship? Is there a good selection? or should we bring our own?

Thank you all,

lseb

The Library - or if you're in a Deluxe Suite, the Neptune Lounge.

You will find a pamplet in your room lissing all the DVD's available. They are sorted by catefory. Comedy, action, etc. You call the tele extention designated, tell them which movie you want and it is delivered to your room. We give the stewart a $ or 2 when delievered. You can return to the front desk, or call and ask them to come and pick it up from your room, when you want to return it. We have requested 2 at a time. I don't know if there's a limit of the # you can request. I think it's a nice perk.

When we were on the Eurodam in May my kids were in a J cabin on the main deck right down the hall from the front desk. They watched a couple of the DVD's by choosing them from the pamphlet in the room and then asking for them at the front desk. They only took one out at a time but were always able to get another one right away. I think they were watching some of the movies that were filmed in the areas we were visiting on the cruise (Mediterranean).

diane

Is there a charge for the movies?

There was no charge on the Eurodam in May and my kids were in an inside category room. I think previously DVD players may have been only in the suites but I am not sure about that. Does anyone know? In any case the DVD's were definitely free and easy to borrow from the front desk on the last cruise we were on.

diane

Hi Everyone,

3-quick questions, where can I find dvd movies on the ship? Is there a good selection? or should we bring our own?

There's actually a great selection - far more than I had thought there would be, and spanning all genres in both TV and movies. If memory serves me, they had everything from Fawlty Towers to Snakes on a Plane.

the Front Desk; I don't remember getting any from the Library, but it may differ ship to ship. Two is the usual limit, as we tried to get more once :o. We had trouble finding "Musicals", as there was no category for them; I could be wrong, but I think they are included in Comedies. We have not cruised since last June, so there is probably an updated list by now.

They used to be $3 each per rental day and we had to sign and pay for them (unless int was a Grand voyage or unless we were in a suite) and the librarian was keeping the DVDs and the log.

They are now available from the front desk and they are complimentary for all cruises and for everyone.

Archived