Favorite precruise hotel fort lauderdale

purple60

We have the Westin Diplomat for our 1/30 cruise. Got it for less than $100 on hotwire.

Yep.....thats a funny thing right now....places like Embasy Suites are getting more money than you could get some of the much better resort hotels on Priceline or Hotwire. I have heard of people getting the W for $90/night on Priceline. Luxury hotel bookings are way down right now and they need to fill them one way or another....so don't just assume that the economy/moderate hotels are the way to go....try some of the discounting routes to find better hotels and resorts;)

Yep.....thats a funny thing right now....places like Embasy Suites are getting more money than you could get some of the much better resort hotels on Priceline or Hotwire. I have heard of people getting the W for $90/night on Priceline. Luxury hotel bookings are way down right now and they need to fill them one way or another....so don't just assume that the economy/moderate hotels are the way to go....try some of the discounting routes to find better hotels and resorts;)

We stayed at the Gaylord Palms for $60 on Friday night last weekend. The rate on their website was $249. My in-laws also booked at $60 and they were in upgraded $300 a night rooms.

Priceline permutations are awesome!

If I may jump in, just booked the Marriott Beach and Spa for our Jan Cruise; has anyone stayed there? I booked it without even knowing anything about it. Used Marriott Points. thanks in advance.

Great hotel - I don't believe they have free Airport and cruise port shuttles so account for the extra cost.

The Ft Lauderdale cruise port website has a list of the hotels and indicates if they provide airport and/or cruise port shuttles.

We stayed at the 4* W in October. I got it on Priceline for $89. + taxes. The rooms are very high end and we had a balcony overlooking the beach and the canal. It was a side room and had a great view. There is no shuttle to this hotel, so you'll need a taxi or rental car. However, they had "acura service" to the port for only a tip. Great way to go. The hotel is in EASY walking distance of lots of nightlife, restaurants and a water taxi. They also have an amazing pool area. We loved it! The concierge tries to fulfill any need. Absolutely grand service! Hope we get it again this October.

Macy

If I may jump in, just booked the Marriott Beach and Spa for our Jan Cruise; has anyone stayed there? I booked it without even knowing anything about it. Used Marriott Points. thanks in advance.

We stayed at the Marriott Beach and Spa prior to our November cruise. Great hotel, close to airport and cruise port but not within walking distance to any restaurants. My husband swims and absolutely loved the pool at this hotel. We stayed there on a Saturday so we walked to the end of the beach(approx 10 mins) and watched the five cruise ships leaving port around 5 pm. It was fun to be one of the people waving at the cruise ship.

• 3 months later...
We have stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites 3 consecutive years.

• Free Shuttle to and from airport
  • Free shuttle to and from cruise port
  • Free Breakfast - waffle's made to order and much more!
  • Great pool area
  • Tons of liquor stores nearby

http://www.rodewayinn.com/bestrate/fort_lauderdale-florida-hotels?chain=W&source=grifl775

Has anyone else experienced the Rodeway Inn in Fort Lauderdale? We have reservations for this coming December and will be parking a car for a week....is it a safe neighborhood? Noticed I-95 nearby...

Mary Ann:)

Has anyone used the HI Express at 1150 state road 84 in FLL?

How about the Candlewood Suites next door. 1120 SR 84?

There is supposed to be shopping center across the road, is it any good for general shopping? (water, liquor, forgotten sundries?)

Thanks!

See you on the Allure!

Bill

We stayed at the Springhill Suites which is neighbors to both these hotels. They are all very nice and the mall is within walking distance and across the road is a Kmart, very handy!

Has anyone used the HI Express at 1150 state road 84 in FLL?

How about the Candlewood Suites next door. 1120 SR 84?

There is supposed to be shopping center across the road, is it any good for general shopping? (water, liquor, forgotten sundries?)

Thanks!

See you on the Allure!

Bill

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Jan. It is neighbors to both these hotels. They are all fairly new and look very nice. The mall is within a short walking distance and across from the mall is a Kmart. So, very handy! Springhill Suites also had a free shuttle from the airport and to the port, and a nice breakfast. Any of these would be a nice place to stay pre-cruise.

Archived