I have a rental car return question

36web

We are renting a car in FLL, staying in Miami. Best rental car deal I could find was thrifty. My question is, would it be better to return the car to Miami Airport the night before, as this would relieve us of the $15.00 parking cost at our downtown hotel, or wait and do it all the next morning and take the free shuttle to the port.

The hotel shuttle would cost us $10.00 to the port, so it's only a $5.00 savings to take the car the night before.

Big question is does anyone know if the car rental compainies offer free shuttle service back to a hotel, or do they just take you to the port of Miami?

We also rented from Thrifty last week before our cruise. We chose to return the car to the rental place at the airport the night before the cruise. We didn't want to worry about returning the car in the morning and feeling rushed. As it turned out, we took a cab to the Port and it was quite reasonable from the airport area. Thrifty DOES offer airport to seaport shuttle services, but I wanted to leave for the Port when I wanted to....not on THEIR schedule which is why we opted for the Taxi.

Have a great cruise! :)

No they didn't, but we didn't ask either!

We called a taxi and it was only a 10 minute drive to the hotel, so the cost was minimal. I would ask Thrifty if they would provide that shuttle service, they just might? :)

Good Luck!

Archived