Is a shirt and tie enough for Formal Night?

chaderic

Ok. Enough already. I am the OP and I'd like to declare this thread officially DEAD! :)

I understand everyone's opinions now and I condsider myself enlightened.

For the record...I [i]know[/i] it is a [u]formal[/u] night andI [i]know [/i]it is [u]my[/u] vacation. I was, however, just curious as to what the [u]majority[/u] or people did and if I would stick out like a sore thumb if I chose to wear a nice shirt and tie with no suit coat. It was mostly for the packing reasons. I just hate to pack an entire suit and have it take up so much room if I am only going to wear it once... especially if I then got to the dining room and found over half the men in just shirts and ties. I now have a better udnerstanding and will make my own choice from here.

Thank you to those of you who were [u]kind[/u] enough to answer my somewhat naive question with politeness. And to those of you who chose to [u]not[/u] be so nice... well I don't want to open another can or worms!!! Seriously, thanks to all.

[quote name='chaderic'] I don't want to open another [B]"can or worms"[/B]!!! Seriously, thanks to all.[/QUOTE]

A complex unexpected problem or unsolvable dilemma
from
[url]http://dictionary.reference.com/sea...an%20of%20worms[/url]

The full story begins in 1962, when that phrase first wormed its way into print as a synonym of Pandora's box
from
[url]http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-...warch.pl?052804[/url]

Archived