Liberty of the Seas - Thanksgiving Cruise

rksomaha

Since I am not really a drinker (sorry matj), and I noticed no one else really commented on this sailing, I thought I would give my 2 cents worth.

Left Omaha, NE at 6 am on Sunday, Nov. 21. Flew through Dallas and arrived in Miami on time. RCL staff was at baggage carousel and put us on a bus within 20 minutes to the port. There were only 20 people on the bus so it was easy on and easy off. Once we arrived at the port (about 1:15)pm, the process of checking in took about 30 minutes. Only snafu was they lost my son's Seapass card and had to issue a new one.

Decided to go see if rooms were ready (Deck 2) and they were. Dropped off everything but seapass card and went looking for food. It was like a cattle call in the Windjammer. Had I ever done this before, I would have gone to Sorrentos and skipped Windjammer. After eating, we decided to walk around and check things out. Went onto Deck 12 for the sail-away and saw the beautiful homes on the inlet in Miami. Took the little kids (ages 3 & 6) to H2O zone for a little bit then off to shower and dress (very casual as most people don't have luggage yet) for dinner in MDR. Joe (our waiter) and Suad (our asst waiter) were fantastic and got to know all of our names immediately (group of 10). Called it a pretty early night as we were all tired! Beds were VERY comfortable!!!

I won't review the ports (Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman) as I already did that on the reviews page.

All in all, I thought the service was spectacular! Only problem we had was with my brother's prepaid gratuity vouchers on the last night. My mom marched right up to guest relations and told them in no uncertain terms that she paid for it and showed them the receipt she had received in her room. They lost the vouchers and had to replace them which took about 2 hours. Disembarkation took a lot longer than it should have, but they only had 3 customs agents working for a packed ship so the process was slow. Got right on the bus and back to the airport.

All in all, for my first cruise, I was truly amazed at how well things went. My ONLY thing with the entire trip is: PARENTS KNOW WHERE YOUR KIDS ARE AND KEEP THEM UNDER CONTROL! Even our Activities Director commented that the parents were nowhere to be found while the kids ran wild. The first part of the week was fine, but they got bolder as the week went on: pushing all the buttons on the elevator; on and off holding up elevators, pushing past people and tossing cushions from furniture up and down the staircases. Just a few examples!

Will definitely do cruising as a type of vacation again!!

Archived