I'm a "foodie" but some people take the food obsession to a whole new level.

Check out Alice Waters... She's at the forefront of this movement... There's a documentary called "Food Fight" which discusses this in depth...

Alice has been doing this for more than 40yrs Those of us from the Bay area are spoiled

I'm a foodie but far from a snob. I make my own stock, bread, etc., no longer use canned soups :eek: for any reason. I'm learning to enjoy the shopping, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the prep work - garlic, onlions, potatoes, all of it. I find it very relaxing. Still working on the clean up though. I use as fresh as I can get and afford, but don't make fancy meals, just good ones :p The best meals I've had in life have been the humblest. Cruise food is good for the most part, no expectation of 5 star. It does have nice layers of flavor and never gives the impression that a can was opened and warmed up :D I'm just middle of the road and don't know if my palate (probably spelled wrong) would even know what 5 star is :cool:

On cruises, as in real life, there are people who live to eat, and others who eat to live.

Some of the sheer gluttony I've seen with people ordering several dishes per course just because they can and then leaving most of it on the plate anyway is shamefully wasteful and just tacky IMO.

On cruises, as in real life, there are people who live to eat, and others who eat to live.

Some of the sheer gluttony I've seen with people ordering several dishes per course just because they can and then leaving most of it on the plate anyway is shamefully wasteful and just tacky IMO.

Guess I'm right in the middle of that one, as both do apply. Far from being a glutton or overweight I do enjoy learning about food, how to apply different priciples & executing them to make it taste better. My brussels sprouts will make you slap your mama :p

Alice has been doing this for more than 40yrs Those of us from the Bay area are spoiled

Absolutely! When DH (who is a Chef and spent some years in SF) and I want a culinary vacation we head over to your neck of the woods... Now that's a vacation we come home from with a few extra pounds!

Archived