Book excursion for Belize City?

newlyweds06

My wife and I are heading to Belize City, Costa Maya and Cozumel next month and only want to book one excursion. I have that there isn't a whole lot to do outside of beach's in Costa Maya and Belize City so we're looking to choose which port to do an excursion in. What I'm wondering is which port has more to do around the tourist area to spend some time (shopping, etc...no beach)?

We want to book an excursion at the port that is the "most boring" (all perception I know) of the 3.

haven't been to costa maya, but it's know for the ease of getting into town and it's beach. cozumel, you dock right in town...shopping very near, easy to get around. both of lots to do on your own, without any excursions.

belize is another story, it's a great port for adventure. we did lamanai and the river safari..a great trip to a mayan ruin, history/adventure/wildlife in one tour. some cruise lines don't go to lamanai, since it's difficult to get there. belize has a couple of great mayan sites.

if you read a few post, you will see that many do cave tubing in belize.

since belize in a tender port, you don't have the ease of just walking off/on the ship at will.

• 2 weeks later...

Cozumel is the best for shopping. Belize has a nice area next to the ship. We took the airboat excursion in Belize. Costa Maya has some shops at the port but not very unique. We didn't get into town but the area around Costa Maya is all wilderness. The Belize tender take 20 mins each way to the pier.

Archived