Mexico Cruise Ship Time v. Mexico Time?

gotaluvlex

No of course. We're just making reservations for off the ship so I wanted to find out and thought I'd try CC first.

In that case - different answer.

The locals know better than anyone when the ship will arrive, and adjust accordingly. Each night they will tell you what time the ship will be on, and then they may or may not arrive at the designated time.

In any event, if you tell the local when you want to meet, they will be there.

I have the same question. Our itinerary for the Star states that we are in Cabo from noon till 7:00 pm. I'm looking at booking a whale-watching trip with Pez Gato that leaves at 2:00 pm. If the noon they are talking about is the local Cabo time (Mountain time), then we may be able to make it off the ship in time to be at the pier just before 2. If ship's time is the same as the departure port (Pacific) then there is no way to make it. I do know with Carnival that they DON'T switch to local times for their Mexican Riviera ports, and constantly tell everyone to set their watches and stay on ship's time, not local time. I've never sailed on NCL before, so don't know how the handle it. Anybody with recent experience (after the time change here in the US) would be most helpful.

Archived