Didn't think it would happen, but it did!!!

ToadStar

I booked my honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Valor a year ahead of time and chose early saver. I know prices usually don't go down for quite awhile, but I still troll the Carnival website regularly. The room we chose (porthole) are all sold out so I figured even if we don't get a price reduction we have guaranteed our room. Yesterday I noticed the prices had dropped for the cruise (I was shocked because early saver rates haven't gone away yet!)! I was a little worried that I wouldn't get the reduction because the rate was for a porthole (upper/lower) and I have a regular (unsure of how nitpicky they could be :confused:), but I submitted the form anyway. I was also unsure if that included taxes as we paid less than what is being charged now. This morning I checked my email and I got confirmation that it had been accepted and approved :D (and we did not have to pay the extra taxes - at least not now)!!! We got $80 (40pp) for the cabin, $50 of which took care of our final payment. I'm not going to expect the price to go much lower than it is now, but I'm going to stay on the lookout. As it is I feel that Carnival gave us a nice little christmas gift!

I love ES!

It's really not that hard to look for price changes and fill out the form. I had the exact same situation as you (a PT cabin). We got three price drops from when we booked the cruise and Carnival approved it each time. We leave on Saturday and ended up paying $219 pp for a five night cruise and have a few bucks in on board credit waiting for us. Sweet!

I'm already checking for price drops on our 7 day cruise next May.

Archived