Nieuw Amsterdam: Water Spouts and Double Rainbows!!

IRL_Joanie

It really was a fun cruise. Heck here it is 4 days after disembarking and I am still stuck with a stupid grin on my face:D

Joanie

Isn't that exactly what life is about? Good for you! Find something you love and just do it. I am so anxious for my next cruise as it will create lifetime memories. I will turn 40 on-board..ugh...but I'll be with my Mom and I know that we will have a great time and make amazing memories. She has months to live so I will imprint every second that we spend together laughing and talking. Can't wait. Live large. :)

Glad that you had a fabulous cruise, Joanie! I go to bed every night dreaming about that aft view, bet it was lovely. How was the Neptune Lounge?

I still have sea legs:) And the aft view was amazingly awesome!! I spent about 90% of my cruise out there at all hours of the night and day. It was definitely my Penthouse:D

The Neptune Lounge was fantastic!! I ordered Hot and Cold Appetizers to be delivered every day at 3 p.m. for 6 people and always got them right on time. Perry and Roxy were fantastic and always got us what we needed or wanted and even some things that we did not even know about for us. Loved the Ambiance there and the fantastic Concierges and crew in the white jackets, ?Caterers?

Isn't that exactly what life is about? Good for you! Find something you love and just do it. I am so anxious for my next cruise as it will create lifetime memories. I will turn 40 on-board..ugh...but I'll be with my Mom and I know that we will have a great time and make amazing memories. She has months to live so I will imprint every second that we spend together laughing and talking. Can't wait. Live large. :)

I am so sorry about your mom. But, you are so right, the memories of she and you enjoying this cruise will last you forever, and I hope they will be fantastic memories.

We celebrated my 58th birthday and our 40th wedding anniversary on this cruise and it was heavenly.

Happy Birthday a little ahead of time!!

Joanie

Hey Joanie,

Want to thank you again for arranging the M&G. It was a great time. :cool:Sorry, we never got to your cabin for a sail away. :( It seemed we were just too pooped after going ashore...our loss! We saw the water spout and double rainbow! What a treat!!!:o Loved the ship and crew! They had a lot of work to keep up with, yet always kept a smile on their faces. Don't know when our next cruise will be, but it is in the future plans. Looking forward to seeing your pictures, as we tend not to take any and wish we had!!!!:( Keep up posting...love to read them.

Jane

Hubby transferred my photos from our cruise last night and I have been working hard on getting the photos put into some semblance of order.

I just discovered that with Picassa I can create movies of my photos.

Anyway I experimented with our last day at sea's photos and made a movie called Joanie's Caribbean Sunset. In my opinion the last 15-20 photos are the best.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

Joanie

Where did you upload your photos online?

I still have to add the ship photos but here is everything else: http://community.webshots.com/user/IRLJoanie?vhost=community

I will get the rest up tomorrow and start putting them on the HAL Staterooms/Cabins pages in the next day or so.

Joanie

• 9 months later...

Hi Joanie -

We're looking at booking on the NA for the Caribbean this winter and, after enjoying the Suite Life on the Veendam summer before last, are opting for that again. Once again, it will be my mom, my sister and myself... but since our last cruise my mom's health has deteriorated and we think she probably needs an accessible cabin. She's using a walker full time and a wheelchair part time. Plus she has extreme difficulty with any sort of steps and is a fall risk. NA does have two HA SA suites and I was wondering if you'd had the opportunity to get a peek at either of them.

I know it's a pretty specific question, but I'm particularly interested in the location of the toilet grab bars. Are they on both sides or only one? (or do they fold down like in the public restrooms?). If they are only on one side, any idea if it's left or right? Mom's pretty much lost all the strength in her right arm which can make things extra complicated.

And for me... did you check out or use the Thermal Suite at all?

Thanks!!

Ann

Hi Joanie -

We're looking at booking on the NA for the Caribbean this winter and, after enjoying the Suite Life on the Veendam summer before last, are opting for that again. Once again, it will be my mom, my sister and myself... but since our last cruise my mom's health has deteriorated and we think she probably needs an accessible cabin. She's using a walker full time and a wheelchair part time. Plus she has extreme difficulty with any sort of steps and is a fall risk. NA does have two HA SA suites and I was wondering if you'd had the opportunity to get a peek at either of them.

I know it's a pretty specific question, but I'm particularly interested in the location of the toilet grab bars. Are they on both sides or only one? (or do they fold down like in the public restrooms?). If they are only on one side, any idea if it's left or right? Mom's pretty much lost all the strength in her right arm which can make things extra complicated.

And for me... did you check out or use the Thermal Suite at all?

Thanks!!

Ann

Ann, Talk about shock when I saw this thread on the main boards tonight:) :)

I do not have photos or a description of SA 7057 or SA 7058 on NA, but from looking at the ddescription of the Staterooms, they are both roll in showers. So I think we can safely say they'd have all of the Grab Rails. I would imagine that they will be similar to Eurodam's SY 5002 bathroom (click on each photo below for full sized photo) which shows the grab bar to the left and back of the toilet. But, I think the side it is on would depend on the toilet location....

sm-5002_cruisng2011-8.jpg--sm-5002_cruisng2011-7.jpg

Wish I could give you better info, but I never got to poke my head in either of those staterooms.

The Thermal Suite was HEAVENLY!!!

Joanie

Thanks. I've been digging around on your site - such an amazing resource! - hoping for a photo of either the NA or the Eurodam and hadn't seen one. I was hoping maybe you'd gotten a camera-less peek. My sister has the TA working on this and my guess is that she'll call HAL for all the details tomorrow... but I'm like a dog with a bone when it's cruise-booking time! And you're certainly one of the HAL experts.

We're looking at doing Eastern Caribbean and, for this trip, it's all about the ship. Mom got off a couple of times in Bermuda, but it's likely that she'll stay on board for the duration this time so we're choosing based on the timing, the ship and the cabin. She loved the SA we had on the Veendam so much that I don't think anything less will do... and at 90 she deserves some indulgence, especially after a very, very close call over the summer. All she wants to do is travel with family so we're trying to fill those wishes while meeting her needs and keeping her safe. The NA seems to fit that bill perfectly.

Thanks much and happy cruising!!

Ann

Archived