FLL - Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South

dm5201

Has anyone stayed at the Comfort Inn Aiport/Cruise Port South in Fort Lauderdale? My husband and I will be leaving the day prior to cruising on March 6, on the Princess Ruby and was wondering how this motel was...I've read several places about signing up for transfer to the cruise ship the next morning. Are there any other tips you can provide me? I see that this motel is not far from where the ports are. Thanks again for your time. Donna

We stayed at the Cambria Suites in FLL..... beautiful rooms, lovely clean modern hotel, and free transfers to AND FROM the ports.

They also let us park our car free for 10 days.

Definitely the best deal you can get in FLL.

I stayed there for one night last May, on a recommendation from my TA. She said that it was a bit tacky (which it certainly was), but clean - which it was! They have a pool which had way too many children in it, so that was out for me.

That evening I was having a munchy attack & one of the staff drove me to a Walgreens to pick up what I wanted, to save me from having to call a taxi. He wouldn't accept a tip for it, but the next morning I gave him an extra generous tip when he brought my bags down for the (free) shuttle to the port.

The only place to eat right around there is a McDonalds right next door.

Hey, there's Taco Bell too. And Burger King across the road LOL. Actually, adjacent to the west aide of the hotel is a large shopping area called Oakwood. Several restaurants and many stores. Kmart is about a 5-10 minute walk. (There used to be a walkway from the back of the Comfort Inn parking lot into Oakwood, but not sure if it's still open. It's been 11 years since we stayed there).

I would compare prices at the other local hotels (Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Springhill Suites, Hyatt Place and Summerfield Suites, as well as La Quinta, which was a nice hotel at the south end of Oakwood), which are all newer and from reports I have read recently, nicer than the CI. But for a night, I probably wouldn't overpay to avoid this place.

The biggest drawback I have read recently was about how busy and unorganized their port shuttle is. This place gets a lot of travel agent referrals for pre-cruise stays. Some people posted that they just ended up taking a taxi anyway. La Quinta for instance, had 2 vans with luggage trailers. When we checked in, they asked us what ship we were going on, and they had a schedule for when each shuttle left for each ship. They tried to keep ships together, especially the Princess and Royal Caribbean since they had the most passengers. As it was, we had a rental car, so didn't use their shuttle, but it looked very organized in the lobby the next morning.

• 3 weeks later...
I stayed there for one night last May, on a recommendation from my TA. She said that it was a bit tacky (which it certainly was), but clean - which it was! They have a pool which had way too many children in it, so that was out for me.

That evening I was having a munchy attack & one of the staff drove me to a Walgreens to pick up what I wanted, to save me from having to call a taxi. He wouldn't accept a tip for it, but the next morning I gave him an extra generous tip when he brought my bags down for the (free) shuttle to the port.

The only place to eat right around there is a McDonalds right next door.

How far is the port from the motel?

Archived