O'Sheehan's "Buffalo" wings?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I have read more than one review that indicated that the "Buffalo Wings" on the Epic are not like those on other NCL ships. The only NCL ship we have been on (earlier this year) was the Sky, and we REALLY enjoyed their wings - even to the point of cancelling a reservation in Le Bistro on the last night to just enjoy (lots of) wings and coronas! :D

Some have described the wings offered onboard the Epic as "baked, not fried" and the sauce as more of a BBQ flavor rather than "Buffalo" sauce. :eek:

Keeping fingers crossed that the above observations were not truly indicative of how the wings are there.

THANKS,

Tom

I have read more than one review that indicated that the "Buffalo Wings" on the Epic are not like those on other NCL ships. The only NCL ship we have been on (earlier this year) was the Sky, and we REALLY enjoyed their wings - even to the point of cancelling a reservation in Le Bistro on the last night to just enjoy (lots of) wings and coronas! :D

Some have described the wings offered onboard the Epic as "baked, not fried" and the sauce as more of a BBQ flavor rather than "Buffalo" sauce. :eek:

Keeping fingers crossed that the above observations were not truly indicative of how the wings are there.

THANKS,

Tom

Tom, as a self-proclaimed expert on the triple combination of beer, wings and football I've tried many different variations of wings. I see the reviews you speak of here but to be honest they really aren't anything exciting, in my opinion. But then again people get ecstatic on here about pretzel rolls and I just don't see the big deal.

But then again those reviews may have been after the posters have had significant quantities of adult beverages. After all when you are feeling pretty buzzed food tastes better and we all even start to look more attractive. :D

Again, that's just me. Everyone has their personal tastes.

cheers, Colin

THANKS,

Tom

The wings are different on the Epic. I was on the Spirit last year, and the wings were fried... I could not figured out what was different with the wings on the Epic, I thought maybe they did not fried them long enough... but thinking about them now, I think they were baked... When I got them the 1st time, I did not care for them... so I decided to get them without the sauce... they looked a little dark and I was not sure how they would taste... but liked them better without the sauce... but nothing to brag about... and I am a pretty good judge when it comes to wings... Atlanta has wings on just about every corner and parking lot... and I have tried many wings...

Tom, as a self-proclaimed expert on the triple combination of beer, wings and football I've tried many different variations of wings. I see the reviews you speak of here but to be honest they really aren't anything exciting, in my opinion. But then again people get ecstatic on here about pretzel rolls and I just don't see the big deal.

But then again those reviews may have been after the posters have had significant quantities of adult beverages. After all when you are feeling pretty buzzed food tastes better and we all even start to look more attractive. :D

Again, that's just me. Everyone has their personal tastes.

cheers, Colin

The wings are different on the Epic. I was on the Spirit last year, and the wings were fried... I could not figured out what was different with the wings on the Epic, I thought maybe they did not fried them long enough... but thinking about them now, I think they were baked... When I got them the 1st time, I did not care for them... so I decided to get them without the sauce... they looked a little dark and I was not sure how they would taste... but liked them better without the sauce... but nothing to brag about... and I am a pretty good judge when it comes to wings... Atlanta has wings on just about every corner and parking lot... and I have tried many wings...

Well DARN!

I understand that, with the Epic, NCL was trying NEW things. But WHY did they have to mess with a known "good" thing? :confused:

:(

Any idea if NCL reads these boards??? (Perhaps we could HOPE for a change!)

Tom

THANKS,

Tom

Yes, they were--pardon the word--flacid. And the sauce was more BBQ than Buffalo. I enjoyed them the one time I had them but would not go out of my way for them. They were spicy enough but wings I get at home are way better...

Yes, they were--pardon the word--flacid. And the sauce was more BBQ than Buffalo. I enjoyed them the one time I had them but would not go out of my way for them. They were spicy enough but wings I get at home are way better...

LOL - perhaps that's their plan... make them OK, but not to where a small army of WING NUTS ( :D ) don't cause a run! ;)

I see you did a B2B on the Epic - other than the wings, thumbs up?

Tom

Archived