upsell question

hlb76

I have never been one of the chosen one's to get this exciting call so I dont know why I am even asking but......

I know there is no rhym or reason to whom gets the call. Yet I was wondering if there are more catagories of cabins that get the call? Or how close to sail date? Things like that.

I assume its a supply and demand thing. I am just noticing that our sailing is about sold out. So there is always hope that this is my year!

The first time we got the call it was a couple of months before sailing. The second time it was two days before sailing. In our case, I *think* it was because we had desirable cabins that someone else really wanted. The first time we had connecting balcony cabins on Miracle and for an extra $500 total for four of us we received adjacent category 11 suites. Since we could open the balcony divider, we effectively had connecting suites. The second time we had an aft wrap and the aft cabin next to the wrap. Carnival ended up giving us on-board credit in the amount of our sons' fares to move the four of us to a grand suite.

My daughter got the call Monday- ship leaving this coming Sunday on the Conquest . she has 2 kids that she had reservation for Camp Carnival they had an inside and was moved to balcony right below amp Carnival. Guess those rooms are the last to go they all sleep 4. Carnival said they had 12 rooms and that they do a lottery on who to call. Julie G.

We always get insides too so we are not in a prime location. But it's where we chose to be and we like the price.

I would like to get the call one day but not sure I would accept the offer. I have read about some AWESOME deals and some I would pass on.

Archived