MDR server's dance skit.

Buffettlovertina

OK. Apologies in advance if this has been asked.I searched but came up with nothing. I remember from my first Carnival cruise in 2004 in the MDR that the servers did a little dance and song routine. As back then we were eating at a set time and this time we are on "my time dinning" do they still do the routine? If so does anybody know about what time? The reason im asking is I am taking my mom on her first Carnival cruise and that is one of the things I remember and enjoyed from my first Carnival cruise.I just dont want her to miss it. If I have to choose a specific time I will definatly do it for her.Thanks for any info you have reguarding this issue.

They still do the entertainment in the MDR but for the folks doing YTD it will be hit and miss. Typically, the waiters entertain just prior to desert at the traditional dinings... 6:00 and 8:15 PM. It seems it would be very easy to miss it doing Your Time Dining...

:)

They still do the entertainment in the MDR but for the folks doing YTD it will be hit and miss. Typically, the waiters entertain just prior to desert at the traditional dinings... 6:00 and 8:15 PM. It seems it would be very easy to miss it doing Your Time Dining...

:)

We had anytime dining on the Destiny and went to dinner at a different time each night (7:00, 5:45, 8:15, and 6:15). We still caught the show every night (although at different times during our dinner).

We had anytime dining on the Destiny and went to dinner at a different time each night (7:00, 5:45, 8:15, and 6:15). We still caught the show every night (although at different times during our dinner).

Same here! On both the Legend & the Destiny. Went to dinner at varying times & couldn't miss it no matter how hard we tried...LOL.

OK. Apologies in advance if this has been asked.I searched but came up with nothing. I remember from my first Carnival cruise in 2004 in the MDR that the servers did a little dance and song routine. As back then we were eating at a set time and this time we are on "my time dinning" do they still do the routine? If so does anybody know about what time? The reason im asking is I am taking my mom on her first Carnival cruise and that is one of the things I remember and enjoyed from my first Carnival cruise.I just dont want her to miss it. If I have to choose a specific time I will definatly do it for her.Thanks for any info you have reguarding this issue.

For your viewing pleasure..

I will be on my 4th cruise late next month,and am highly looking forward to the dance/singing.

I have never heard so much laughing a clapping in all my life. The foodservers DO enjoy it, despite other people's comments.

Your Mom's going to love it.

Melanie

Has anyone ever done a poll on whether this should be continued? At least for YTD, I think it's becoming a little has-been?

Sometimes it is good to remember that not everybody cruises multiple times per year, is a member of cruisecritic, etc. On my one cruise, I found it entertaining and different from what I normally experience in life. I hope that they keep it.

Has anyone ever done a poll on whether this should be continued? At least for YTD, I think it's becoming a little has-been?

Many polls about it. Consensus on polls and feedback to Carnival is that people still like it (including me). A first time cruiser is going with me next May and I am excited for her and that she will experience these things for the first time.

You are absolutely right.....and I stand corrected. I haven't cruised THAT much, but I do remember how exciting some things were the first time I saw them. It's easy enough to avoid the entertainment, if you don't want to see it.

Archived