Sheraton Yankee Clipper or Trader??

IrishRoamers

we stayed at the Clipped in October and loved it. Our room was in beautiful shape and although we booked through Priceline the hotel gave us an oceanview room anyhow. Yes the building are on the older side but we felt it just gave a feeling of what Fort Lauderdale used to be like before it became condo-fied. The pool areas are not as plush as some of the newer hotels, but the on the beach location more than makes up for that. We were especially pleased with the staff, all of whom treated us like royalty. The staff were also all very sweet to our four year old. So I say go for the Clipper, but that is JMHO. :)

I would never stay at the Yankee Clipper ever again! The staff there are clueless, not helpful at all. When we checked in, they tell you "we want what your stay here to be as comfortable as possible, if you are not happy with anything, please let us know", BALONEY!! We were there on Jan 8th, this year.

Our room was right above the staff entrance and loading dock, the noise and the chatter was all night long, the bus line stop was right there too. We told the manager and his reply was " For 20 bucks I'll give another room on the other side of the hotel". We informed RCCI, since they booked the room for us, they were appalled at the manager and the way he handled this situation, When we got to our cabin, we had a chilled bottle of wine from RCCI, for our troubles. We thought that was nice of them, as it wasn't their fault management was poor.

The hotel is very run down, too. I think with the extra 20 bucks from the customers they would enough money to remodel. We paid a premium price our room too.

I would not recommend Yankee Clipper Sheraton.

Thanks all. The Atlantic looks great but not enough points and the price is high for those without points. No one seemed to mention the Trader? This might be the one for us. I see it's not quite on the beach but close enough!

The Trader is across the street from the beach, but it's much the same as the Yankee Clipper - Very old and tired... Personally if I were you I would save my points for something else (or save up for the Atlantic next time) and pick a different hotel.

If you want a beachfront hotel try the brand new Pelican Beach... http://www.pelicanbeach.com/

Or the Renaissance on SE 17th Street, across from the port and 5 minutes from the beach... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLBR

I am comfortable recommending those two, I am NOT comfortable recommending either of those Sheratons. IMO they're both well past their sell by date.

Archived