RCL Lamanai & The New River Safari Excursion BE 62

picture

Is it through RCL?

We did the Lamanai and New River last Jan. LOVED IT. I heard yes that they wait for you but we made it back in time so not an issue. Guides were awesome, lunch was very good and we felt 100% safe the whole time.

I was nervous about this one because ppl kept saying such terrible things about Belize. It even went so far as the waiter the night before saying "if there is a place to stay on the ship, this is it....we only stop here as an act of charity". I am SO glad that we did not stay on the ship, I have said it over and over. I would not walk around alone, I do not think, but the tour was great. We had Edgar and Nate and they were both awesome. They are not going to risk you being late back to the ship, it is their living. We felt 100% safe and really enjoyed the ruins. I thought it was worth the trip.

we did it through ncl...

but...another cruiseline was there at the same time. when we got to the rest stops/boat dock, the other bus/cruisline was there 1st. their boat left a couple of minutes before we did. we could see their boat for most of the trip.

by the time we got to lamanai, they did lunch first and we walked the site. when we got done they were walking the site and we did lunch. that way we never saw each other and each group got a private tour.

each group had about 30 people and then there was 1 private tour of 3 people..that was all for the whole day. lamanai is really not as tourists as the other site.

even with a fast boat ride back and no traffic problems, we came back 15 mins before the last tender. but since we booked through the cruiseline we knew they would wait for us. the only time they don't wait is if you are really late and they have to make plans to send you to the next stop.

the tour guide and the boat captain have radios and stay in connect..but, while on the river, you really are out in the middle of no-where.

Archived