Papa Bear

DarceyJK

We went with Papa Bear in October & had a great day. He is very personable & knowledgeable.

He was waiting on us when we got off the cruiseship. One group he had booked did not show up & he waited 15 or 20 minutes but finally had to leave without them because he did not want to cut into our tour time so I was impressed. Also you do not pay until the end of the tour.

Has anyone used Have Fun With Us (Air Force 1 Fun) Tours with Papa Bear? I was trying to save a little money by not purchasing a tour thru the cruise line. Is it reliable??? Thanks in advance!

We went with Papa bear "again, On November 25th. It was our 3rd time. he is an awesome gentleman and provides a wonderful narrated tour. When we arrived it was only the three of us since a party of 10 had just cancelled their tour with him 24 hours prior to arriving in St. Thomas. Papa Bear offered us a private tour for the same price (of course we tipped him very well for it) and took us places his tour normally does not go. We went again to Sapphire Beach, still one of our favorite beach and one of the most scenic. you will not be disappointed with Papa Bear.

We toured with Papa Bear last Wednesday. I loved him and his tour!! He gives you so soo much info and makes you feel right at home. Very reliable...nice tour bus, you dont feel like you're crowded in like sardines!! A little pricey but try the soursop juice when you get to Pablos farm, lol...it was great. If you book this tour you wont regret it....it was much better than the one we had on St. Maarten. I'd go with Papa Bear again in a heartbeat :D

We toured with Papa Bear last Wednesday. I loved him and his tour!! He gives you so soo much info and makes you feel right at home. Very reliable...nice tour bus, you dont feel like you're crowded in like sardines!! A little pricey but try the soursop juice when you get to Pablos farm, lol...it was great. If you book this tour you wont regret it....it was much better than the one we had on St. Maarten. I'd go with Papa Bear again in a heartbeat :D

What tour did you do?? Sounds Awesome!

Has anyone used Have Fun With Us (Air Force 1 Fun) Tours with Papa Bear? I was trying to save a little money by not purchasing a tour thru the cruise line. Is it reliable??? Thanks in advance!

We toured with Papa Bear last summer. He is an excellent tour guide. He is very personable and knowledgeable, his prices are reasonable and yes, he is very reliable.

To help explain what we saw and did, I have written a detailed review with photos of our tour with Papa Bear. If you are interested, click on the link below and read posts #37-#40.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=2

I have also put together a youtube video of our tour with Papa Bear. To view this, click on this link:

Hope this information helps!

What tour did you do?? Sounds Awesome!

If you go to his website you'll see he has several different packages. We did package #1. Although this one didnt include a stop for shopping there was plenty of time when done with the tour to do a little shopping on our own.

dz63....that was an awesome video of your tour!!!

Papa Bear was our first non-ship excursion. We had a great time and wished I hadn't booked any ship excursions for the rest of cruise. All our private tours were better then the ship tours. Papa was our favorite though. He also has a facebook page for his tours which he puts updates on all the time of things on the island. It's kinda neat to have the little updates though it makes me want to be there everytime I see a new one.

Just called to see availability for next Wednesday when we are in port and was sadly told that they are all booked up for that day. Has anyone taken a Taxi from the Cruise terminal to Sapphire beach? Is it easy to get a cab back when you are finished soaking up the sun and water?

Thanks,

Paul

Just called to see availability for next Wednesday when we are in port and was sadly told that they are all booked up for that day. Has anyone taken a Taxi from the Cruise terminal to Sapphire beach? Is it easy to get a cab back when you are finished soaking up the sun and water?

Thanks,

Paul

There will be plenty of taxis offering to take you to whatever beach you'd like, as soon as you get off the ship. We wanted Secret Harbor, and half the people in our safari taxi (open air, about 4 rows of bench seats) were headed to Sapphire. The driver asked what time we wanted to leave and she was there to pick us up, then we swung by Sapphire and got the other pax who had been dropped off there and then headed pack to the pier. Every port we've ever visited, we've simply taken a cab to our beach of choice, and the driver has always offered to come back at the time we asked.

Archived