DVD and TV in the staterooms

augusta78

We were able to do this on two different ships, but I can't remember which ones. It was very difficult to do since the TV is bolted to the shelf/wall, but if you are very agile and patient you should be able to get the cords plugged in properly if the TV is equipped with hookups.

Good luck - I hope someone else can answer you specifically about the ship you will be sailing on.

On the Glory last month, they had smallish but nice flat panel TVs, with all the usual external inputs on the side fairly accessible. The set however was in a "locked" state (I've heard it called "hotel" mode) where the external inputs were not usable either from the dumbed-down remote they use, or with the side mounted control buttons. In theory with the right full-function remote you might be able to unlock the set and use the other inputs, but obviously Carnival doesn't want you to do that.

Another minor beef: the set is capable of full HD resolution, but none of the channels or programs available is in HD. The SD programming is shown in "stretcho-vision" mode so everyone looks 30 pounds overweight.

Just got off the Legend last Sunday. Analog picture tube 19" TV on Cat. 8E balcony was a disappointment, and is in dire need of replacement -- remote control didn't work properly, and the TV had a mind of its own by going on close captioned mode on its own. I recall seeing a single audio (not sure) outlet in front.

Archived