Christmas on the Triumph

HoustonGuy

We will be on board the Triumph on Chistmas day, and at sea that day. Anyone with info on whether we can expect any special Christmas day activities?

The kids have puzzled over how/whether Santa will find us at sea. The current favorite theory is that Santa either lands his sleigh on deck, or that Santa arrives in a boat pulled by dolphins.

Thanks.

We were on the Splendor last Christmas and the ship was decorated quite nicely. They had a carol sing a long on Christmas Eve by a big Christmas tree in the atrium bar. We were in Cabo that day so I am not sure what they do for a sea day. I also heard there was a Santa but we have no kids so didn't track him down lol. Also for dinner they had the full traditional turkey with all the fixings! We had an amazing time!!! Enjoy!

Some think Santa comes down the funnel. :eek:

I wish I had kept the Capers from our Christmas cruise out of New Orleans. The entire ship is decorated and lots of Carnival employees will be wearing Santa hats. There will be some special activities and certainly a Christmas slant to the standard ones.

You may get a bonus of seeing them rehearse for New Year's Eve - got to make sure that countdown works. ;)

Here are some pictures from a Carnival Fantasy Christmas cruise out of New Orleans a few years ago.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/fantasy_c_07/fantasy_map.htm

We were on the Triumph last Christmas. The ship was decorated beautifully. Santa did make an appearance. In fact, I got a picture of him picking up my then 17 year old son. I love that picture. My son's face is priceless. They offered turkey and dressing for Christmas dinner as one of the entrees.

I must confess that while it was wonderful spending Christmas eve at Paradise Beach, all 6 of us said it felt like we were cheated out of a "real" Christmas. We love cruising but we won't go over Christmas ever again.

We will be on board the Triumph on Chistmas day, and at sea that day. Anyone with info on whether we can expect any special Christmas day activities?

The kids have puzzled over how/whether Santa will find us at sea. The current favorite theory is that Santa either lands his sleigh on deck, or that Santa arrives in a boat pulled by dolphins.

Thanks.

HoustonGuy, I don't recognize your name from our roll call thread...please join up if you haven't already...we are planning an informal meet-and-greet on Tuesday at 3:00 in the piano bar (that's 3:00 in the afternoon, by the way!) :)

Archived