port canaveral

maggieq

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of years ago I went on a cruise w/my sister-in-law, my teenage daughter and 2 of her friends. We stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port, which is advertised as the closest to Port Canaveral. It was gorgeous in a Florida/Caribbean way :), and they offer a cruise package that includes complimentary shuttle to/from the cruise port, 2 hot breakfasts (wonderful buffet and made-to-order omelets), and free parking while on cruise. We had a 2-room suite with 2 king-sized beds and a whirlpool (which the girls promptly got in, despite the fact that it was 1 AM when we arrived due to our flight being delayed!). We would have loved to have more time at the hotel! This was in mid-June 2003, and I think the price was just over $100. According to their website (http://www.radisson.com/reservation/resInfo.do), their rate for that kind of suite now is $179. :eek: One reason we chose that hotel was because we rented a van (which was less than paying for a shuttle for the 5 of us) to drive from the Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral (and back), and the Radisson has a car rental place there (can't remember whether it's Avis? Hertz?) - very convenient!

Hi,

Cruised out of Port Canaveral last week. Flew into Orlando 2 nights early. Picked up an Avis rental car at airport and drove about 55 minutes to Cocoa Beach. Stayed at The Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach for 2 nights. About 129 plus tax per night including buffet breakfast. Heated pool and about 3 minute access by foot to beach. Then returned car to Avis in Cocoa Beach and they shuttled us to port. Very convenient. Got rental car thru Costco for total of 100 dollars for the 2 days.

After reading a few positive reviews of the post-hurricane Hilton Cocoa Beach we booked there. We got a great rate on Easy Click Travel, $69, which beat the pants off of the lowest rate the Radisson was offering. We're actually flying in/out of Tampa because we've got a post-cruise wedding to attend there. On Hotwire we're finding car rental rates as low as $12/day for an intermediate. Will post a report of our thoughts on the Hilton when we return in May :D

Hey Laurasue we also booked through easyclicktravel for the Hilton pre cruise in April. Our rate is 79.00 in April. I guess we're going to find out about the Hilton before you. Let me know if you want any info on it when we get back. If you check Hiltons website the guest rooms start at 200.00!

• 3 weeks later...

Cocoa Beach is right there close to the port, a 5 - 7 minute ride away. There are several hotels nearby, even ocean front, for a reasonable price. I loved Cocoa Beach so much, I visited there last July for a week. Now when we leave for our cruises out of Port Canaveral, I know several spots to hang out in Cocoa Beach to help pass the time until the ship starts to board.

One question I have is I have checked out easyclicktravel.com which is the same as Lastminutetravel.com (the one I was framiliar with) it does appear to me that you can walk straight to the beach from the Hilton resort. Is this true? We are planning of staying somewhere for three days after our July 9-16 Glory cruise. Since we are from Utah were the closest beach is a summer wave pool, we are looking for a couple of days of beach time. Thanks for your insight.

Barb

Barb, I read a post in the past few months on this board from someone who had stayed at the Hilton. Do a search, hopefully you can find it. She gave a good review, it sounded promising as the pre-hurricane reviews were not glowing ones. And, with the rate we got through easyclick, I couldn't justify staying anywhere elsewhere. :D Will post a review when we get back in early June.

Does anyone know if Hilton offers park & shuttle service and how much they charge? Looking at their web site there is such an offer but then it does not specify whether or not it is included in the price of the room. We are driving ourselves from Tampa area on 4/23 and would like to spend day prior to cruise.

levtas, I would suggest that you call the Hilton to ask. I have read here that the Radisson's park/drive doesn't have to be secured through the package they offer.

We're planning on parking at the port for ease. We're also driving from Tampa before the cruise, then heading back to Tampa after for a wedding. Not having to deal with the extra step in coming back to the hotel is worth the $10/day to us. :)

Laura,

You've got a good point there...However the reason I was thinking of leaving my car at the hotels was so I didn't have to leave my familiy at the dock while I go and park. Also wasn't sure if there were sufficient parking at the dock. All my previous trips I took a cab to the dock and was great not thinking about parking. Now if they had "VALET" parking.....:D

Parking at Port Canaveral is very easy. There is a parking lot directly across from the terminal and a newer parking garage. We parked in the lot and you can see your car when you're upstairs in the terminal. It probably takes one minute from lot to terminal building walking. The parking garage is right next to the lot if you prefer covered parking.

After booking through Lasminutetravel and waiting 5 days on request, finally got condirmation that Hilton is sold-out:mad: . I went to Hilton web site and there are rooms available at $170:eek: If you ever book hotel at Lasminutetravel (or easyclicktravel.com) try not to use "request feature". Even on their web site it says 48 hours to complete a reservation, it took them 5 days even after I made 3 calls.

You just pull up, and someone will direct which slot to back into. Have your luggage tagged because as soon as you open the trunk the porters are right there putting it on their carts to move you along quickly. You then circle around and go into the parking area where you pay first and find a parking place. Then go into the terminal. Also I used easyclicktravel for our upcoming precruise hotel and booked the Hilton. My reservation was confirmed within a few minutes. I received an e-mail confirming it as well as a confirmation number within a very few minutes. Another option is the Quality Suites. We stayed there 2 years ago and it is very nice. They are affiliated with the Radisson and if you use the Quality Suites cruise package, you will park your car in the Radisson Lot.

sl0905, thx for the in detail info on parking. I'm not worried as much as before and looks like it would be a breeze to drive myself to dock and park there. I will also check out Quality Sites if I change mind at the last minute;) .

I had problem booking a hotel that had "on request" mark on Lastminute.com. if your hotel shows as it is available then you should get confirmation pretty quick I assume. This was my very first booking through them.

We booked a room at the Radisson and we did not get a package, they told me that we could still leave our car there while on the cruise.and we didn't have to purchase a package. We just got the standard double room and it is $129 for the night. We didn't feel the need for all the bells and whistles for just overnight. They also have a free shuttle to the port. I booked directly with the Radisson. From what I have read and talked to people it is really nice.

Archived