port canaveral

maggieq

The Radisson is very nice.Stayed there two years ago on Friday of Labor Day weekend awaiting our Saturday Pride departure. Going agin this time on the Glory over the same Labor Day weekend but Radisson had no cruise/park special but did offer a standard room (and told us we could still park free). Unfortunately, the cheapest rate was $ 169. We decided to book the Comfort Suites with free parking and shutlle at a rate of $ 109. The rate you are paying at the Radisson is a good rate for that hotel..You will be pleased.

• 2 weeks later...

We are back from our 4 day Sovereign cruise. We stayed precruise at the Hilton Cocoa Beach. We had booked the room on Easyclick for $79.00. I agree with the previous post from Gradgirl?. Everything in the room was new. The king size bed was so comfortable with 6 pillows and a down comforter wrapped between soft white sheets. Everything was so NEW AND CLEAN. They are still renovating after the hurricane and I would not want to spend a week there as the hammering started around 8am on Monday, which was ok with us since we had to be up anyway. They did have a small restaurant which was temporary and the new one is expected to open sometime in May. We did not eat there we went to Sonnys Barbque across the street and it is very very casual but very good. It was too cold to use the pool, but it is heated. The area was having a cold snap last weekend and it went down to 49 degrees that evening. If you are looking for a CLEAN nice place for a night or two precruise I would definately book here through a discount travel site like Easyclicktravel. One more thing, stop at the grocery store across the street before you get to the Hilton and buy and soda or snacks you may want, we only found soda and ice machines on our floor and the soda machine was sold out. There is a small gift shop downstairs with soda but much too expensive.

Thanks for the review of the Hilton, we'll be there in 3 weeks and have been curious. Sounds like a great bang for your buck (we booked on easyclicktravel.com too) Thanks for the tip on the grocery store as well :D

Hey, thanks for that review of the Hilton ~ we are book there (lastminutetravel.com) for three days after our July cruise. =)

Now, I am wondering if we should stay there the night before our cruise. Hum?

Again ~ THANKS !

Laura, Parking was a piece of cake..Just parked on the indoor facility and between arriving at the dock to getting inside to ship was just a 25 minutes! I ended up staying at the Holiday Inn (on the beach) that I booked through priceline for $68. It was listed in priceline as a 3 star but hotel is no more than a 2 star IMHO. It was not a great experience but just stayed there for a night so we managed but would not recommend it. Hilton and Radisson looked good from outside but can't comment how they are inside. However if I have to pick a hotel tomorrow, I probably pick Radisson for a one night stay. I liked the idea of seeing the pier and their pool looks gorgeous. If iI stay longer than a night, I probably go with Hilton since it is a beach front.

• 2 weeks later...

When I search on easyclick travel I never see the Hilton offered. Is it one of the offers that they don't reveal the name of until after confirmation?? If so, how do you know which is the hilton??

Thx!!

Yes, it is one of the off the record deals The Hilton is the one with the following description (and is currently showing up for me as $74/night:

This hotel is located beside the inviting waters of the Atlantic along a long stretch of sandy beach where you will find our great service and tropical flair. For guests who desire greater pampering we are pleased to offer our Executive Level, highlighted by complimentary continental breakfast, evening social hour and upgraded amenities. The hotel has an oceanfront restaurant, loundge and poolside tiki bar. Guests can relax on the largest sun deck on the Florida Space Coast- take a dip in the heated pool- or play a round of golf or a game of tennis just minutes away. The Kennedy Space Center- Astronaut Hall of Fame- and Space Coast Museum are just a few minutes away. Orlando- home to Disney World and Universal Studios- is only a 45 minute drive away.

**The hotel is now open and will be undergoing renovations through 2005. Current renovations may cause some invonvenience to guests. Some noise may be heard during daytime hours. In August the parking lot will be resurfaced. **

We're staying there on Sunday and will be sure to post a full review when we return :D

Any suggestions for either staying close to the airport and then catching the cruise shuttle or going to the hotel close to port.

Any suggestions for a decent hotel close to pier that offers shuttle to ship?

Thanks. M

We're staying at the Hampton Inn, nice clean hotel, reasonably priced, breakfest in the morning and they have shuttle service. I think it's about 6 miles from port.

• 2 months later...

I see that easyclicktravel is still offering the $74 Hilton deal for the night before my October cruise. I'm wondering if I would still be able to use their free shuttle if I don't book the Hilton cruise and park package deal on their website. Has anyone had any experience with this?:)

I do not have an answer to your question, but we stayed three days at the Hilton right after our July 9-16th Glory cruise. There is STILL MAJOR renovations going on at the Hilton. Our room was nice, the staff was nice and the easy walk to the beach was a plus .... but all the repairs going on was distracting..... the view from our room was equipment.... good luck and give them a call.... their parking lot was NOT full by any means....

Great location for the cruise from the port; shuttle service to the port and you can leave your car there; great little resturants on each side of hotel and a put-put for kids next door. Suites are nice and a double is fine; good value and fine place for the $$$; we have stayed there at least 10 times and are fussy too.

That is where we would stay if we were cruising out of the port, no doubt about it!

Doubletree is horrible; stay away from them; booked them and paid guarantee and asked for non-smoking and got a horrible smoking room. On the beach, but the Radisson is better; nice gift shop there too that is not too expensive and has a nice variety of things to buy for your cruise or just for soveneirs!

I just got the Hilton on Last Minute Travel for $74 ($81 w/fees) for Aug. 5. Thanks so much for the tips from CC boards! Will the Hilton charge extra for the shuttle to the port when you book through the discount services? Do they run their own shuttles like the Radisson does?

Archived