Freedom Of The Seas...geek question

MediaManNJ

Hi all. I'll start by saying I'm a complete geek..just to warn you.

I'm going on a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in Jan, and I'm curious if anyone here has tried hooking up their portable DVD player, iPod, etc to the in-room TV? If so, what input cables did you need for the TV? (component, composite, HDMI, etc) I've had mixed luck on other ships, and I'm curious if the Freedom has the available inputs. I'm going to be in a JS, if that matters on this ship as far as TV selection.

Now before you go off on "Why the heck will this guy be sitting in his room watching tv all day???", my wife needs something on while she's trying to fall asleep, so I tote our iPad alone with bunches of movies on it. :p

This is my first time on the Freedom...never been on a RC ship this big, so I'm kinda excited about it. I've been on the Caribbean Princess before, and thought it was VERY over crowded. I'm hoping RC does the big ship thing better...especially since I'm already booked for Oasis in April. :)

Thanks all!

I'm a geek too :)

I think all of the ports are disabled on the TVs in the staterooms.

iPad is probably your best bet, we do the same thing.

I think you'll find that the Freedom doesn't feel overly crowded (except when you just get out of the show, things like that).

I'm a geek too :)

I think all of the ports are disabled on the TVs in the staterooms.

iPad is probably your best bet, we do the same thing.

I think you'll find that the Freedom doesn't feel overly crowded (except when you just get out of the show, things like that).

Ah, darn. Oh well. iPad & speakers it is.

And that's great about the crowded thing. I hated how on the Caribbean Princess we had to get to a show like 30-45 minutes early to get a seat, and everywhere we went on the ship felt like it was packed. Can't wait till this trip!

Thanks again!

Archived