FLL/Miami hotel with shuttle to both ports

craftkook

Do any of you seasoned travelers know of a hotel in the Miami/FLL area that shuttles to both of those ports. We are cruising out of Miami and my brotherinlaw and family are cruising out of FLL but we'd like to spend the evening toghther the night before. Thanks

Generally hotels offer shuttles for a few miles around their location. The ports are probably around 30 miles apart as the crow flies, so I don't think you are going to find a hotel going to both. Which airport are you guys flying into? Is everyone flying into the same airport? There will be shuttle costs to get to the port if you don't fly in to the airport of that port city as well.

If you fly into MIA for a Miami cruise and they fly into FLL for a Port Everglades cruise, then there will be lots of extra expense if you guys want to stay together.

The idea of one of you renting a car is a relatively inexpensive option if the number of people will fit in a minivan. Then you can stay near one of the ports, drop those people off there, drive to other airport to drop off the car and take their shuttle to the port. There are also numerous shuttle options near both airports.

Thanks Dan,

I guess I was hoping there might be something in the middle of both ports. It was just an idea seeing we'd be there at the same time but not worth the expense of renting a car, we'll just exchange pictures when we're all home!!!

The halfway point is probably too far from either port to have hotels with shuttles. You could stay at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale that offers shuttles to Port Everglades, then you can take SAS shuttle to POM for about $30 for 2. I did read here recently of a hotel that offers a reasonably priced shuttle to both ports but I don't recall which hotel.

Archived