MV Discovery

terrypilot

SwissMyst,

I have seen many of your posts regarding the MV Discovery, some of which have photos via Picasa links. However with one exception - it was the rack you put in your cabin - I can't access the photos. Other people's Picasa photos, Yes, but not yours.

I would love to see them as my wife and I are thinking of doing the Black Sea journey in April 2012. We have only ever been by ship to the San Raphael Glacier in Chile - with Skorpios - and some years ago did a few days on the Norwegian Hurtigruten. Frankly the thought of shipboard life leaves us cold, but around the Black Sea it is the easiest way to get to the ports - which is the object of the exercise.

So your photos would be great - if only we could get to them.

• 2 weeks later...

I too, cannot access your photos.

I like the look of the "Round Britain" trip for next year, but am a bit concerned about the dining as I too like small meals. Is it possible to have two starters and a sweet?

We have just been round Britain on a huge Princess ship and I like the idea of going on a smaller ship to get into more remote places. We love FO Braemar - but they have a choice of waiter service or buffet.

Don't mind dressing up for dinner, but hate huge portions, so would prefer a buffet option.

I too, cannot access your photos.

I like the look of the "Round Britain" trip for next year, but am a bit concerned about the dining as I too like small meals. Is it possible to have two starters and a sweet?

We have just been round Britain on a huge Princess ship and I like the idea of going on a smaller ship to get into more remote places. We love FO Braemar - but they have a choice of waiter service or buffet.

Don't mind dressing up for dinner, but hate huge portions, so would prefer a buffet option.

I wouldn't worry about the meals they will accommodate your requirements. The guys in the restaurant are the bestest! :D

There are a few choices and they are quite happy for you to pick and choose whatever you want if you want more than one starter that is ok, or starter and salad or starter and soup, the choices and variations are endless.I quite often make up my own menu, while on board! Maybe after overindulging at afternoon tea :p, you don't fancy a huge meal at 6.30. I would have a starter and soup then a desert, or just a main meal and desert. I wouldn't say that the meals are overly big anyway... or maybe that's my greediness :eek:

I wouldn't worry about the meals they will accommodate your requirements. The guys in the restaurant are the bestest! :D

There are a few choices and they are quite happy for you to pick and choose whatever you want if you want more than one starter that is ok, or starter and salad or starter and soup, the choices and variations are endless.I quite often make up my own menu, while on board! Maybe after overindulging at afternoon tea :p, you don't fancy a huge meal at 6.30. I would have a starter and soup then a desert, or just a main meal and desert. I wouldn't say that the meals are overly big anyway... or maybe that's my greediness :eek:

Thanks. :)

It sounds like it might be like Fred Olsen and Thomson ships - they are old ships but the crew are so lovely. Is the evening entertainment OK?

We had a very talented young couple that provided most of the evening entertainment but we were so busy during port days and with so many outstanding daily at sea day lectures that this was just not a priority of ours. But when we went to the evening shows they were fine for what limited facilities were provided for this part of Discovery cruising. We had a particularly good Cruise Director Don who also put on an excellent cabaret show one evening. (Jan-March 2010)

Archived