FOS ship time vs. cayman time

If our ship docks at 8:00 am will be able to make an excursion that starts at 8:30? I am not sure about the time change or the tender:confused:

If it is a ship's excursion yes. If not you may have some trouble unless the company says they will wait for you. Interesting story of my recent cruise....I had a ship's excursion in Grand Cayman that said "Meet in the Coral Theatre at 8am, we will then all go on a tender over together and departure time for excursion is 8:30am". Also the Cruise Compass said you needed tender tickets to go over to Grand Cayman, first tender wouldn't go over until 8:00am, etc.

Well guess what? I walked down to deck 2 at 7:15 and they were already letting people go over, no tender tickets needed. Just walked off the ship and rode over. So I was on Grand Cayman by 7:30 and had an hour on my own to explore before the rest of my tour mates arrived around 8:30. :D

I visited Grand Caymen back in early November on the Freedom. Some tours met on the ship while others met on land. ALWAYS go by SHIP TIME at any port that you go. Our ship time stayed with EDT. I believe that Grand Caymen was an hour behind us in CDT. But I cant stress enough keep you watches or timepieces to SHIP TIME.

Nice! Do you remember if the ship time and the Cayman time matched? I think there are some issues as the Caymans don't have daylight savings.

I was just there last week and I believe ship time and Cayman time matched.

Grand Cayman is in EST, not CST.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=377

Archived