intercontinental hotel in miami

jdhoyt

We also got the Intercontinental on Priceline in August of 2003. It was an amazing hotel! Very close to Bayside. Probably no more than a 5 minute walk.It seemed to be a safe area. We didn't ever feel uncomfortable. You have to go to Bubba Gump's! wonderful seafood and a fun atmosphere. Make sure you call the Intercontinental and request a room that overlooks the cruise docks. It is an awesome sight to see all the ships lined up. Hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

We haven't booked our pre cruise night in Miami yet - I'm not sure what we are waiting for. I am curious, how was the rate with priceline? I haven't used them before.

Our TA said we can get a nice hotel for about $70 that would include transfers from airport and hotel to the ship.

I assume Bayside is the name of the cruise terminal in Miami. Are there more than 1 terminal?

We sail Memorial Day weekend I am planning to book the hotel next week.

What was the rate you got?

Thanks, Carolyn

No, Carolyn... Bayside Marketplace is an open air mall in downtown Miami with many shops and restaurants... http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

The cruise terminal is at the Port of Miami on Dodge Island, just across the bridge from Bayside Marketplace. This is the Port of Miami and there are several terminals on the island... http://www.metro-dade.com/portofmiami/

If you're sailing Memorial Day weekend don't wait too long to book, that's a VERY busy weekend here and the hotels will fill up!

a week ago i tried a price of 50. on priceline for a 3-star downtown. it was rejected. then i up the bid price to 65. and also specified 3-star downtown. they confirmned the reservation at that price, but also upgraded me to the intercontinental, which is a 4-star. pretty cool!

give them a try

jer

I just did Priceline for a 3* downtown hotel yesterday for a pre-cruise 2 nighter in DECEMBER! I tried 2 weeks ago and was denied. I finally got one at $55 a night (started at $40) for a Saturday and Sunday, was able to book The DoubleTree Grand Hotel on Biscayne Bay! It's a wonderful hotel/condominium with shops, deli's, restaurants and even a mini-mart for last minute items such as soda and water for our cruise! It also has access to the PeopleMover which will take us within 1 block of Bayside Market.

I'm thrilled! :D

Congrats Jerseygirl...been following your posts and am very happy to hear you fared so well :D

I still need to make arrangements for our family (of 13) for June... but can not decide wether to stay in FLL or drive to Miami. We are scheduled to arrive (from different locations) somewhere in the 7:00 hour. Right now I am leaning towards a FLL airport hotel with shuttle service for the night, then arranging for a limo/shuttle service to take us directly from our airport hotel to the port of Miami the next day. I'm thinking that would require the least amount of luggage schlepping :D

Very hard trying to keep everyone happy & on the same page :rolleyes:

A

Just back from the Intercontinental................beautiful hotel, nice big clean rooms and big bathrooms too. Great view of the bay and the ships in port. A two minute walk along the bay to Bayside Marketplace which has all kinds of shops and restaurants.........try Bubba Gumps ..... great food there.

Very safe , you won't be disappointed in this hotel.

Also lots of cabs parked out front of the hotel that you can take to the ships which is about a 5 minute drive.

Enjoy!

Your hotel in my opinion, it the best downtown...you've got a good one and yes, it's close to Bayside - a few minutes walk and quite safe. The views from the upper floors are incredible! The best on Biscayne Bay! Enjoy!!

Where is Walgreens in relation to Bayside Market. I will be staying at the Intercontinental in June. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt and couldn't find the Walgreens..

Thanks

Archived