Shampoo Pump Dispenser

Gadgetmonster

They have had them in all my cabins on Carnival. I use the soap sometimes but I don't think it lathers very good. If you are picky about shampoo bring your own for sure. If you'd be fine using the stuff that is $2 for a gallon size when at home then don't bother bringing any. :p

If you use more upscale expensive stuff at home, you won't want to use their stuff. I use both the shampoo & body wash from the dispensers. They both smell nice and work just fine. I can get scratchy skin with some soaps, but their body wash is just as good as name brands that I use at home. Bring a lufa. The shampoo may not be your super fancy kind, but it's as good as any of the Pantene/Fructis/etc. I always always use a nicer conditioner after any shampoo. The conditioner is always more important in maintaining healthy hair.

It's not bad - but then again, I am not too picky when it comes to shampoo -- purchasing cheap miscellaneous scents from Suave.

I had to chuckle when I saw the way our shampoo dispenser was labeled in our cabin on the Dream last year:

776304425_Uca8Q-M.jpg

:D

Tom

No more Lever or Dove like they had some years back. In the last year, they have upgraded the shower gel and shampoo - much better quality than the generic blue shower gel and cherry scented shampoo they used to have. I saw some of the refill containers in the halls - the shampoo is some type of ginger tangerine if I remember correctly but it was branded for Carnival so I don't know who makes it. Shower gel wasn't bad but I prefer my Bath & Body Works stuff. Definitely bring your own conditioner if you use it.

I really liked the shower gel. It was green and had a hint of lime to it. It truely reminded me of the Lime-Verbena scent from The Bath and Body Works. In fact, if you put the two together, I would not have been able to tell the difference. I did bring my own shampoo, but did try a sample of theirs and it was just fine. It lathered up very well and also had a very pleasant scent. Next time I will save the packing space and just use theirs. I did however, pack my own conditioner and will continue to do so.

One thing that I do wish Carnival would do is put in a soap hand dispenser at the sink. They give you a little decorative-flower- scented bar and a little soap dish. After you use it, both the soap and dish become all wet-and-gummy with soap. It would be so much nicer to have an antibacterial hand-pump soap near the sink. This is one thing I will be bringing with us next time.

I

One thing that I do wish Carnival would do is put in a soap hand dispenser at the sink. They give you a little decorative-flower- scented bar and a little soap dish. After you use it, both the soap and dish become all wet-and-gummy with soap. It would be so much nicer to have an antibacterial hand-pump soap near the sink. This is one thing I will be bringing with us next time.

I might do that, too. I hate the gummy little piece of soap and there's really no great place to put it.

I really liked the shower gel. It was green and had a hint of lime to it. It truely reminded me of the Lime-Verbena scent from The Bath and Body Works. In fact, if you put the two together, I would not have been able to tell the difference. I did bring my own shampoo, but did try a sample of theirs and it was just fine. It lathered up very well and also had a very pleasant scent. Next time I will save the packing space and just use theirs. I did however, pack my own conditioner and will continue to do so.

I agree - I don't like the little bar of hand soap and it never seems to rinse off well. I usually just reach into the shower and use the shower gel as hand soap. It also washes sunblock off my hands better than the bar and since it rinses better there's no residue when putting in my contacts.

It's not bad - but then again, I am not too picky when it comes to shampoo -- purchasing cheap miscellaneous scents from Suave.

I had to chuckle when I saw the way our shampoo dispenser was labeled in our cabin on the Dream last year:

776304425_Uca8Q-M.jpg

:D

Tom

FWIW, "shampooing" is the French word for "shampoo". Seriously. I don't know why they used the French word on that label, though.

Under the heading of useless trivia: If anyone is interested Bed, Bath and Beyond sells the same dispensers. I believe that they are about $30 for the set. Last week on the Elation I took a look at the gallon jugs that the soap came in and the labels were very generic(shower soap and shampoo) with the required MSD information and listed Proctor and Gamble as the manufacture.

FWIW, "shampooing" is the French word for "shampoo". Seriously. I don't know why they used the French word on that label, though.

Interesting!! Oddly, 2-3 other cabins (other CC'ers) had the "regular" label.

I think that John Heald would have some type of comment about the French and their use of shampoo and/or soap!! :eek:

Tom

They have had them in all my cabins on Carnival. I use the soap sometimes but I don't think it lathers very good. If you are picky about shampoo bring your own for sure. If you'd be fine using the stuff that is $2 for a gallon size when at home then don't bother bringing any. :p

I would guess that the low lather is intentional- better for the system.

It would be so much nicer to have an antibacterial hand-pump soap near the sink. This is one thing I will be bringing with us next time.

We just started to do that in between our B2B cruises last month. DW was tired of the slimy soap dish thing and we were picking up supplies in between cruises. It's been added to our cruise to-do list for the next time. :)

Archived