how cold is cold.....

onehotpooh

going on a 7 dayer valor cruise in mid jan.

now im from fla- been here nearly 20 years. my blood has thinned ALOT. i put a sweater on at 78 degrees. i know were going SOUTH but its jan!

yes, ive read all the 'weather' reports about the average temps but i dont believe them.

1. does valor have an indoor heated pool?

2. thinking about doing the stingray city tour--- ( hubby and 6 year old in the water) , will it be warm enough??

3. help.

pooh

p.s. cold now in fla.

We only sailed once out of FLorida mid January. Temps were quite comfortable day of sailing, and only got warmer as we headed south, feeling no different than sailing in the summer.

My only dislike was the sun setting at 4:30. Forgot about the silly tilt in the planet.

going on a 7 dayer valor cruise in mid jan.

now im from fla- been here nearly 20 years. my blood has thinned ALOT. i put a sweater on at 78 degrees. i know were going SOUTH but its jan!

yes, ive read all the 'weather' reports about the average temps but i dont believe them.

1. does valor have an indoor heated pool?

2. thinking about doing the stingray city tour--- ( hubby and 6 year old in the water) , will it be warm enough??

3. help.

pooh

p.s. cold now in fla.

There are no Carnival ships with indoor pools (though on the Valor the Aft pool area has a retractable roof) and none of them are heated.

The weather could be cooler that you like, there really isn't anyway to predict. But the majority of the time I've been down there in January or February it's been in the mid to high 80's and the water temp has been fine.

There are no Carnival ships with indoor pools (though on the Valor the Aft pool area has a retractable roof) and none of them are heated.

Most classes these days have the retractable roof, and the pools can certainly be heated on some of them.

We only sailed once out of FLorida mid January. Temps were quite comfortable day of sailing, and only got warmer as we headed south, feeling no different than sailing in the summer.

My only dislike was the sun setting at 4:30. Forgot about the silly tilt in the planet.

Never really thought about the sun setting so early....wouldn't like that either.

We typically do sail in mid January and the weather has always been fine. The highs in the Bahamas is typically mid 70's. But as you get further south you will find the low to mid 80's. We were in Grand Cayman this past January and it was sunny and 85. The water was a little cool at first, but fine.

Archived