Private Tours for Shark Ray Alley?

jacobla57

I just tried to book with Coral Breeze but it said for our ship, the Norweigan Spirit, the times won't work so we can't book that tour. Their tour is at 9am and it shows our ship gets in at 8am but maybe that's too soon with the tenders. I'm really disappointed since this was the one excursion I thought would be the highlight of the trip since Belize is known for its reefs. We are going the week before with Christmas so it will be busy. Would it be safe to try to get something when we get in (and at the pier or at Cay Caulker) or should we cave tube and hope to do this if/when we get back? BTW saw an old post from a private operator that you could get this from Caye for $40 each.

You have to remember that Belize is now one hour earlier than the east coast of the US, so you arrive in Belize at 7 am local time, which is 8 AM ships time.

If you were able to get on the first tender & were at the Tourist Village by 8 to 8:30 Belize local time & if there were any space on the tour, I'd bet that Heni would take you along on this snorkel tour.

Coral Breeze has had problems with late tenders arriving & holding up the entire tour due to NCL tender program.

Good luck.

Bill in FL

Thanks Will for the time info which makes sense. Everything is getting booked up and prices are even changing as of yesterday I guess since boarding starts tomorrow and it's a busy time of year. An excursion I was looking at for Roatan went up from $30 to $45 just since yesterday afternoon. I even tried to book Shark Ray Alley from the ship but today it says everything is booked. I mean every as in every excursion! So looks like cave tubing or trying from Caye Caulker which I read the snorkeling is just 3 miles from there.

Archived